Open today: 08:00 - 20:00
Book In Advance
Tours from Dubrovnik Day Tours tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

All reviews local guide private tour almond cake bosnian wine oysters kravice falls excellent driver walking tour great tour bosnia herzegovina peljesac peninsula mali ston old town border crossing safe driver his knowledge guide ivo
Reviewed 8 August 2018

Two years ago my daughter did the day trip to Mostar with a friend(with Dubrovnik Day Tours). Last month her and I travelled to Croatia and she was very happy to do the trip again as she knew I was keen to see the bridge in Mostar. She is about to begin her MA in Conflict Resolution so her focus was the recent civil war.
We were very fortunate to have Filip as or guide. He was a super, amazing local knowledge and a great level of historical information. He was a delightful travelling companion.
I booked directly using email and had no problems. A private tour is a little more expensive than one of the coach tour but it really is worth the extra Euros. I am not sure the coach driver would have taken the time to stop at a bakery so as to allow be to buy a loaf of bread.(A local speciality Filip had told me about)

I

1  Thank Thrux123
Reviewed 6 August 2018

We met our guide, Filip, early and set off into Montenegro. The scenery was breathtaking with expert commentary from Filip. The water ways were spectacular with high mountains and tranquil villages. Since we started early the villages were not too busy and we had a great coffee sitting right on the waters edge. Our tour of Kotor gave us some wonderful insights into the history of the area and how traditions are still being maintained. Filip showed us a truly impressive restaurant for lunch and then we proceeded to remote areas with even more spectacular scenery. Overall a great day. We would recommend this tour to everyone coming to Dubrovnik. Filip was fantastic, knowledgeable and very entertaining.

1  Thank gmo37227
Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

We were in town for literally 5 to 6 hours on the celebrity constellation. Our guide, Stevphan, was very serious about making sure that we saw exactly what we wanted to see – – not limiting us to some artificial timeline and schedule. His English was amazing, I even joked with him that it was better than mine. He had a modern car with air conditioning it was a very safe but aggressive driver that got us everywhere in a timely fashion. He anticipated crowds and avoided them.
Very clear. We wanted to know some about the history of the area including the relatively recent civil wars, geopolitics of the area without getting too detailed, we wanted some great Vista pictures of the whole islan very clear. We wanted to know some about the history of the area including the relatively recent civil wars, geopolitics of the area without getting too detailed, we wanted some great vista pictures of amazing views, and we wanted to do some old city/Game of Thrones stuff to satisfy my interest in this silly TV show. Wife actually thinks it’s funny that I was more interested seemingly in the fake history of the TV show then the real history of the region. We are very fit and active so we told him is OK for us to do as much walking around is reasonable even if it meant going out of our way to avoid the crowds. He is an expert at the old city because he actually grew up there and his parents still live there. We saw everything I could ever want to see and did it all in under five hours. At the end of the day we were exhausted and hot and he took us to a small private beach so we could get a half hour dip in the ocean there.
The tour was fantastic and I would’ve changed nothing. He met us at the gangplank of the crew ship with a plaque heard with her name, he saw that we had very specific goals and accommodated us at every turn, and he was extremely knowledgeable/helpful/communicative. I wish every tour we ever take through trip adviser can be this good.

Note: there seems to be some controversy about how to book tours through them as I’m not sure they are using the TripAdvisor system. I encourage them to do so because it is quite good. However it takes a little work to get to them without this.

Reviewed 5 August 2018

Doria took us on a day tour to Sarajevo and Mostar. It was a long day, but Baldo expertly drove and guided us through Herzegovina and the beautiful Bosnian mountains to the two fabulous cities. The war, unfortunately, has left deep scars, but the Bosnian people were warm and welcoming. I highly recommend this tour to anyone staying in Dubrovnik, especially if you want to avoid the hordes (and heat) of the tourist season in Dubrovnik.

Reviewed 4 August 2018

Sarajevo Tour

We decided to go with the full day tour to Sarajevo.

Filip was our guide and he was one of the best guides we ever had. Filip was very enthusiastic and a tremendous asset to understanding every point along the trip.

Dont let the long day fool you. But, if you want to learn and see an entire different culture and experience along with numerous photo opportunities, Dubrovnik Day Tours is your answer.

Bosnia Hercegovina was a country we heard alot about but were curious what it had to offer. From the picturesque drive up the coast and then into the lush hills and valleys to the city of Sarajevo, our experience and memories will last a lifetime.

The guide in Sarajevo named Haris was outstanding. The walking tour began overlooking the city and then through the pedestrian streets of Sarajevo.

If your itinerary comes down to a free day and you plan to see Dubrovnik, consider Dubrovnik Day Tours to Sarajevo. You will see, experience and feel an entire culture of which you never have felt and for us was one of the highlights of our honeymoon trip to Croatia.

Many thanks to Josip for being available for questions, Filip (what can you say) the guy is amazing and Haris our guide in Sarajevo.

All the best,