All reviews short walk to the beach bus stop old city nice hotel bus takes comfortable bed air conditioning restaurants and bars excellent location balcony sea bay supermarket buses
Reviewed 21 July 2018

The hotel has a great location, near many restaurants, bars and a lovely beach. Transport links are good, with taxis arriving at the fountain just outside the hotel. Leonardo must get a mention here - a lovely, positive, talkative guy who I liked a lot. Most other staff did not make an effort to talk. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. Similarly, breakfast was okay but basic. I was not keen on the bacon and sausages! However, this wasn't a problem as there were plenty of other choices available. I ate at the restaurant on my first night and was disappointed. The food was very bland and overpriced. I am not at all a fussy eater but the fish soup and seafood pasta both had very little taste at all. I left both. Upon asking for the bill, the waiter gave me a quick dismissive wave of his hand! Considering that I am a paying customer, who was polite to him, I found this very rude. This said, I hope that this was a one-off and in no way am saying that all of the waiters there are like this. The Old Town is a very short taxi ride away and simply stunning. Dubrovnik is a beautiful city and the Croatians are lovely people. However, I will stay in a different hotel next time, probably in The Old Town itself.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
5  Thank maverique007
Reviewed 5 July 2018 via mobile

Budget hotel does what it says. Pleasant rooms and hotel. The restaurant was really nice food. The area was quite a lively spot, which was nice it had a good buzz, however it wasn’t the quietest or at all secluded so maybe not great for young children. The balcony overlooked the main busy street so wasn’t very private. We only stayed a night as we were passing through, it was very different to the rest of the hotels we stayed in as we had been travelling through Croatia but by no means was it unpleasant. I would stay again.
The staff were great, when we first arrived the restaurant was packed as the football was on, so staff were a little rushed however once it dies down a little we saw their pleasant friendly sides! I actually lost my phone and had left it outside the restaurant took about an hour to realise, but when we called it the staff had it and had kept it safe not knowing it was ours. I was pleasantly surprised by this as you can imagine!
The receptionist was very helpful to find us parking, however on the website it does say there’s parking available but it does charge a fair bit, we ended up in the public car park across the road, which was 10kn per hour, it was a small pain for us with a car but if you are not travelling with a car the hotel is great and close to everything.
Worth a short couple of night stay alone or as a couple.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cerina L
Reviewed 5 July 2018 via mobile

Really enjoyed the time here. The hotel is perfectly located not too far from the beach, and close to may eating options. Marco in reception was a great assistance during the entire stay. I highly recommend this place.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
7  Thank FredrickM5
Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

Pretty good location among lots of bars, restaurants and other hotels with ATM outside and a range of travel booths and exchange points. Only few minutes from the no. 6 bus stop to get to central Dubrovnik. Room a bit of a cram but with balcony.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I went to eat here on a few occasions during our stay in Dubrovnik.

When we first arrived at our hotel we were unable to check in until 2pm so we came here for some lunch and we weren’t disappointed. The man who served us was very friendly and polite, I don’t know his name but we got the impression he was the manager in the restaurant.

We both had spaghetti bolognese which was very tasty. We came to eat here twice and another time we came for just drinks as we watched one of the World Cup football games and every time we visited we were very pleased with the service.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple