All reviews washing machine a great stay your luggage pile gate great location old town small kitchenette shuttle bus air conditioning comfortable bed cable car tonka fridge steps shower tv host
Reviewed 10 May 2018

Tonka couldn't have been more helpful from the moment I booked this property. She responded very promptly to my emails and provided me with great info on getting from the airport to the apartment. She was also there waiting for my arrival which was earlier than the stated check in time. Great info and a walk through of the map and times to see places to optimise the non cruise timings. Apartment is literally in the centre of everything old town, really easy to find and beyond spotlessly clean. Basic but good facilities and excellent value for money.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Blondiegirl007
Reviewed 4 February 2018

I stayed at this place on two separate occasions on the same trip.

The place was a little difficult to get to as they are many steps so a moderate amount of fitness it required. The second stay I was actually ill so the steps were very challenging at that point. However the main owner heard my coughing and breathing difficulty while cleaning other apartments and sent her cleaning lady to go to the pharmacy for me.

They were very friendly and helpful.

The room wasn't anything fancy but it was a good space and clean which I think is more important.

They are located very close to the entry to the Old Town and there is a market near by you can purchase groceries. As it is not right next to the restaurants the room is very quiet.

The air-conditioning worked perfectly, they have a washing machine however there isn't any washing powder and as I was too ill to leave the room I didn't end up using the machine as I wasn't able to buy any.

If I was to ever return I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank anagP6520XJ
Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

This apartment is very well situated for Dubrovnik old town. There are quite a few steps up to the apartment, which is great for your glutes, but may be tricky for some people, however, there are steps all over Dubrovnik so it's hardly out of the ordinary.

The apartment has a large bed, small bathroom and small kitchenette, but had everything we needed, namely wine glasses and a bottle opening. The WiFi is good, everything was clean and Tonka, the host, is fantastic.

Tonka was very helpful and let us check out 30mins late and store our bags until our flight.

All in all, a perfect little place for exploring the city and I would definitely recommend it.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pose83
Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

This rating isn't for staying at your hotel as I cancelled my booking beforehand. This rating is for all the emails you sent me to the lead up even after I cancelled and emailed you to stop/unsubscribe. No I don't want transfers and no I don't need reminders for a booking. I left Dubrovnik over a week ago and am still receiving emails.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Nibblenobbiesnuts
tonkabura, Owner at Apartment Peppino, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2018

Dear
We are very sorry for your experience and we share your opinion. That year we gave to operate our business to local agency and we also had similar experience what caused us to terminate the contract after 2 months. Even we understand you we think we don t deserve this rating because we were unable to affect this situation. Thank you for you review because it also made us think about our contract.
Aoartment Peppino-Old Town, Dubrovnik

Reviewed 14 June 2017 via mobile

Had a great stay! Location in the old town is perfect, close to the Pile Gate and close to countless restaurants.

Also close to one of the starting point for the city wall and various walking tours.

The host was excellent very helpful and flexible.

We stayed in the upstairs room with a pretty view over the old town rooftops.
The bed was very good, the room was large with plenty of room for two big suitcases. Also a functional kitchenette.
Only downside to the room is that bathroom was very small and the hand shower had no cradle, which made it a bit awkward to spray your self, than soap up and hose down in the small shower cubicle.

As mentioned in other reviews there are A LOT of steps, which is challenging with large suitcases. This accomodation is in my opinion better suited to those traveling with backpacks.
But in saying this the entire Old Town is full of steps, so if your not keen on heaving your luggage up and down stairs find accommodation outside of the old town walls.

I would come back and stay here again.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple