“September holiday”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Matthew D
Leeds, United Kingdom
“September holiday”
Reviewed 19 October 2014 for a stay in September 2014

Me and my girlfriend stayed in Room 2 at the beginning of September. Our plane was early but still Nikola's friend Lorenco was there to pick us up. When we arrived at the room, Nikola rang to make sure we had arrived safely and everything was to our liking. First impressions were, it was exactly like the pictures. It was small but had everything we needed including a lovely ensuite. We were very happy so far. Aswell as checking we were there safely nikola also wanted to invite us on a personal tour of one of the local islands Hvar whilst he was on holiday. We were more than happy to accept.

The apartment is located in the winding back streets of split and a short 5 minute walk to harbour. You're provided with a key to the entrance gate of the external municipal staircase and key to your actual room. The room has a safe, fridge and hair dryer which came in very useful.

After having a few days exploring split we headed over on the ferry to hvar to meet up with Nikola. He met us at the bus terminal, from where he took us on an extensive tour of Hvar. This was a great day as he took us to 3 or 4 or four different towns on the island. If we had just come on our own we probably wouldn't have ventured away from the main town, with nikoka we got to see a lot more of the island. He was very knowledgeable and we were very lucky to have him as a tour guide. It was a great day and we definitely got to see and learn more than we expected. We really appreciated him taking time out of his holiday to show us around.

The rest of the holiday was great and couldnt recommend staying here enough.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
A C
Dublin, Ireland
“Lovely Apartment”
Reviewed 14 May 2014 for a stay in June 2013

We stayed here last June and the owner Nikola could not have been more helpful. He was very helpful when I was booking and when we arrvied, becasue Nikola was out of town his friend met us from the bus and brought us to the apartment. we had the apartment with the rooftop terrace which I think was the best choice. The location is a bit cramped but very close to verything you need in Split. Nikola met us one night and brought us for tea and cake which was really lovey and told us all about the area and Croata in general. It was very clear he is very proud of his county and what he has set up in Spilt, well done for working so hard!

The apartment was clean, well fitted out kitchen and nice bathroom, I cant really fault,perhaps some people may find it too small but I think it is ideal for a short stay.

we then went on to Havr where we ended up staying an extra night because it is so beautiful and there was more life there that Split.

Thanks Nikola for making us feel so welcome.

chrisgrif...
Wigan, United Kingdom
“Excellent location, unique property!”
Reviewed 11 November 2013 for a stay in September 2013

We stayed at Terra Maris in September for 3 nights on our Croatian island hopping holiday. We were using Split as a base to explore and then move onto Hvar and onwards to Korcula and finally Dubrovnik

We arrived late in the evening, met at the airport by Lorenzo, a colleague of the owner Nikola. Loranzo took us directly to the aprtment and presented us with a map of the local amenties. Being fairly late when we arrived we asked where we would need to go for a bite to eat and a few drinks. We had absolutely no idea how close we were to the main centre of town. A short 5-10 minute walk brings you to the Riva on the seafront and a little further on is Diocletian Palace. Location wise unless you are right in the centre, you can't get much better than where we were. Also as the apartment is ina residential neighbourhood it is very quiet and allows a peaceful night's sleep! We stayed in the downstairs studio apartment. Everythign you need for your stay. A small kitchen with all utensils, an oven, fridge etc. There was a bed, sofa bed, dining table, TV and stereo unit. If you wanted to use it, outside was a small terrace with BBQ.
Split is a very good city, totally different from what we expected. Steeped in history and alot going on at night and during the day. One thing I would mention is that our previous experience of staying in an apartment in Croatia was at Apartment Baltazar in Dubrovnik. Here we spent a good deal of time on the apartment owner's terrace getting to know him. At Terra Maris is it more of the meet, pay and take your keys. We only mey Nikola on the last day, when he drove us down to the catamaran for Hvar. He is a really nice guy and gave us som much information about Hvar. We wished we could have got to know him more. His communication when booking was very swift and he kept in touch with us by text throughout our stay. We would absolutely recommend Terra Maris to any travellers. A great base for exploring the city and living like a Split resident for a few days!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location and character of the apartment
People with disabilities Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
AlexisRF
Chicago, Illinois
“Very good location but some issues”
Reviewed 22 June 2013 for a stay in May 2013
people found this review helpful

Im torn about this property. We only stayed here for 2 nights and I feel that it was just ok. If I were staying for a longer period then I might not be inclined to choose this property. Its really just to put your stuff in, sleep and shower. The property itself is mediocre at best. I have to say that this is one of those properties where the picture looks better than what it really is. Im sure everyone has experienced looking at pictures and being a little bit disappointed when you get there. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing misleading about the pictures or the information presented, it just isn't as nice as what you see. We encountered problems with the remote so we couldn't use the TV at all, the hot water is very limited, there were times where we ran out of hot water when showering. We were told on our checkout date that we have to vacate the property by 10 am because there will be clients coming in the next day. Wait a minute! Shouldn't it be noon? Even if there were clients coming on that day, they should just check in at 4pm or whenever its ready. They should be the one adjusting to when the apartment would be ready not asking the ones currently checked in to leave early to accommodate the preparations for the next client. I didn't like this policy at all.

I would rate the communication with the owner Nikola 5 stars. He is very quick and prompt to respond to questions. Very easy to work with and is very patient answering everything. On the day of our arrival, he asked his friend Lorenzo to meet us in town to take us to the apartment since he was busy at that time. He came after 30 mins to answer our questions and give us some recommendations. He told us to call him any time. We only called him once for the remote but it really was hard to follow to to get it to work so we just decided not to use the TV. Take note this is really an apartment where you are given your keys and your on your own unlike other apartments where we stayed in Croatia where the owner lives within the property and they are accessible every now and then. Im sure you can call Nikola anytime if you have questions or issues but just be aware of this. There are also other apartments in the building that you can choose from. This one is on the top most floor which I chose coz I dont want to hear footsteps. Because this is on the top floor (attic), some parts are sloping. The bathroom is really small and narrow. There is very very small counter space so my toiletries were by the kitchen. The kitchen has all the BASIC things that you need. There's a porch/terrace that you can lounge or sun bathe in if the weather is nice, this is directly by the entrance of this unit. You need keys to get in the gate for the apartment building and another keys to get in your unit so its pretty safe and guarded. There's some 10-15 steps to get into this unit. There are 2 queen/full beds in this unit so it can accommodate up to 3 or even 4 slim people. There's good internet connection in the unit. It would be nice to have an umbrella in the apartment for guests to use, we had to buy one coz it rained during our stay. I would give the actual physical unit 3 stars. Is this for light sleepers, I would say yes, its quiet enough but you are in close quarters with your neighbors so just bring your earplugs if your a super super light sleeper coz you hear people talking in the streets or parking their car etc but its not a big deal. Its generally a quiet area and people in Croatia are not loud at all.

I really love the location of this apartment, its in a real residential neighborhood tucked in small streets but you walk 5 mins and you are in the middle of the action. This is one of those really good locations that I favor. Away from the hustle and bustle and noise when you retire in the evening but just a few steps to get back into the action. I give location 5 stars for this. Parking is also free and is a 5 min walk to the apartment.

We paid 70 Euros per night. If I cant find any other apartment with the same or lower price at great location like this then yes I would stay in this apartment again but only if I were there for a few days but for longer stays, I might try to look somewhere else. If your not really picky like me then you will be ok with it. As i said there nothing to really complain about but nothing to be thrilled about. Since the question is only answerable by yes or no whether I would recommend this, I would be more inclined to say yes but not YES (in caps) you get what I mean :)

Liked best: location
Liked least: physical condition
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
London, UK
Reviewed 3 September 2012 for a stay in August 2012

Liked best: Location and terrace
Liked least: no real grumbles!
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Night
Week
Month
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing