“Fab apartment perfect location”
other travellers have booked this property
palace view
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
palace view
kitchen / dining
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

German first
Any
Dianne J
Bedfordshire, United Kingdom
“Fab apartment perfect location”
Reviewed 28 May 2014 for a stay in May 2014
person found this review helpful

We are 4 ladies who every May have a long weekend away and we all agree this was our best one yet!
Antonia was great from booking online to sadly having to leave. She arranged airport pick up and when we arrived there was loads of fresh fruit from the market(which is literally under our window), there was fruit juice, water and milk in the fridge. She gave us loads of information about where to eat what to see and was just generally great.
The apartment is fab spotlessly clean 5star all the way 2 lovely bathrooms and just exactly as it is in the photos.
It was very warm when we were there so the air con was a blessing and I know a few people have mentioned all the stairs but honestly that's a small price to pay when you see the apartment and how convenient it is to everything.
Turn left out of the apartment straight into the market, walk down to the harbour which is great for people watching and not badly priced.
Walking around the really pretty streets you will find lots of lovely bars and restaurants and we particularly loved one called "No Stress!" They gave us free desserts and fruit and even wine on our second visit and one of the lovely waiters even gave me his spare uniform tshirt which I loved but they don't sell.
The beach is just left of the harbour keep walking along the beach and round each corner is another little bar and quiet section on the beach, the sea was lovely.
Split is absolutely lovely in every way and if you are a group of 4 to 6 then you will not find a more perfect place to stay.

We will be back!

willowtre...
lincolnshire
“Fantastic location”
Reviewed 14 January 2014 for a stay in July 2013

If you want an apartment in split....try to rent this one!!!! Central, roomy,clean,,I doubt there is better in split for the Money.

Liked best: Location
Liked least: Leaving
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Bristol
Reviewed 12 September 2013 for a stay in July 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers
Alyssa_M...
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“Flat out the best place we stayed in Croatia”
Reviewed 6 September 2013 for a stay in August 2013

Honestly, I can't do this place justice. It was truly awesome.
It's right in the heart of Split which was great because you'd walk outside and be in the heart of town. Let it be known that it's a three story walk-up but every day I walked up to the apartment I thought two things: 1) I just walked off a bite of gelato; and 2) it's so worth it b/c this place is amazing.
Like everyone has said, the pictures are accurate representations of the space (may even be under selling it a bit but as you can see I'm a huge fan) and the space itself is great. There's air conditioning in every room so that you never feel forced to stay in one spot in order to stay cool.
I've stayed at other places through airbnb and I'm really picky about how clean I like my place to be and most places do not live up to my expectations. The owners of Palace View make a point of having a cleaner come between visitors and the cleaner stays for 4 hours. I could've eaten off the floor it was so clean. I don't mind paying hotel prices as long as they meet hotel standards and Palace View went above and beyond.
The owners are also super friendly and gave us great recommendations for places to go for food in Split. I even called after we left because I wanted recommendations for places to stop on our drive down to Dubrovnik. She happily gave me not only the names of towns to visit but restaurants I should check out.
If I ever go back to Split this is the only place I will stay.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Cleanliness and layout of the apartment.
Travelling group: Friends
Friends getaway Large groups
Jane W
London, England, United Kingdom
“The only place to stay in Split!”
Reviewed 25 August 2013 for a stay in July 2013

This apartment was absolutely perfect for our holiday to Croatia.
To start it's simply a beautiful apartment and we found it spotlessly clean (it looked exactly like the pictures when we arrived, so no surprises!). The beds were comfortable and having 2 bathrooms (one, an en-suite) suited us well as we were 6 girls! The sofa beds were comfy too, and really easy to make back as sofas for during the day.
We loved the location - being right next to the old town and just a 10 minute walk to the beach, it suited us down to the ground.
Ingrid was absolutely amazing and helped us with any questions we had - was there a hotel with a pool we could go to on our last day? Which were the best restaurants? What shouldn't we miss out on during our stay? She was really welcoming, helpful and kind.
It was great having towels both for the bathrooms and for the beach so no extra weight in the suitcases there!
As twenty-something girls we were there to have a good time and it was really safe to walk back to after partying at night - it's on a lit street where lots is always going on (there are market stalls outside), although we never had an issue being woken up or anything from noise.
I would thoroughly recommend Palace View to anyone looking for a place to stay in Split.
The only criticism (if you'd call it that!) I could possibly make, was that the AC unit in the lounge wasn't all that strong, so even though we left it on full fan and at 19 degrees in the night we still felt quite warm (I was one of those who drew the short straw sleeping in the lounge!). We did go in the height of summer though and during the hottest day of the year, so this should in no way dissuade you from staying here.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The size, comfort and location
Liked least: The lounge AC unit
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 18-24
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing