“excellent food and service ”
Review of To Je Tako

To Je Tako
Ranked #24 of 474 Restaurants in Split
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Description: Authentic Mexican street food paired with Croatian Craft beer & cocktails. Fresh ingredients all around!
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

TOP TIP: you need to pre book before you go as they are a small place and don’t have many tables. you have to go to the restaurant to pre book. you can’t do it over the phone.

the food was excellent. really yummy and really reasonably priced. it is located in a hard to find area which is annoying but it also adds to the authenticity of the place. I had nachos and a burrito. the food was excellent quality, well cooked with lots of flavour. the portion sizes were really big as well. the food also came quickly and there wasn’t a long wait between ordering and different courses.

the staff were really friendly and gave the best service.

would 100% recommend to everyone and anyone who likes Mexican food!

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We really enjoyed our meal. Both starters and mains were very tasty - I recommend the Honduran anafre to start! Portions are generous and pricing is very reasonable. Staff were lovely and accommodating. We went down slightly earlier than we planned to eat to put our name on the waiting list, I would recommend doing this to avoid disappointment of not getting a table! Would go back again.

Reviewed 28 June 2018

I was mostly really into this place. The decor is cute, service doesn't take too long and some of the food I had was really great. I loved the option to have a tex-mex place and beware you may have some trouble finding it! The first time I went I had the shrimp tacos which were really good but a smaller portion than what looked like others were eating. Another time I got a chicken quesadilla (they put my order in wrong and ended up comping it which was extremely generous) and it was fine but nothing special. I tried my friend's chicken taquitos and those were AMAZING and a huge portion. I am so sad I didn't get the chance to order those myself. I also tried the chilaquiles which were just okay. The salsa was really good. Beer selection is good and all the hot sauces are VERY HOT so be careful!!!!

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

After waiting over an hour we gave up. Went home and cooked ourselves. They only have one person cooking so waiting times can obviously be ludicrous. No warnings given about this. Ruined our night. Avoid!!!!

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

We passed by this restaurant on a busy Saturday in Diocletian's Palace while on our walking tour, otherwise I doubt we would have found it. After our tour was over, we returned around 12:45 pm and we're lucky that tables were open (as others have mentioned, there are only 6 tables). My husband and daughter ordered chicken burritos and I ordered the Al Pastor burrito. The burritos were different from what we get in California in that they are smaller and the salsa is sweeter. They were a perfect size for lunch and delicious. I liked their version of the Al Pastor due to the many chunks of pork in it. Cost was 60 kunas for each burrito.

The restaurant is located on a small alleyway next to Luxor.