All reviews lovely hotel enjoyed our stay rooms are beautiful hammocks garden
Reviewed 12 August 2018

We stayed in a one bedroom apartment, Picasso 3, from 28 July to 4 August. I had asked previously about the views from the balcony, and the resort manager had said they were 'partial sea views'. I was worried as this is always a very large part of my holiday. I had nothing to worry about. The views from the balcony were still spectacular, and you could see the sea.

The resort is one of the best I have stayed at. There are two outside pools (one indoor, which looked very nice, but we did not use as the weather absolutely baking|), one which is mainly for older children and adults. Everyone is accommodated for.

The restaurant on site is very good. We ate there on a few occasions. At this time of the year, it is not open in the evening as there is so much competition from the town of Mijas. But they have 'Happy Hour' between 5 and 6, so sitting having a cocktail with the amazing views is very relaxing.

Our apartment was fully equipped with everything we needed.

Staff on the resort are extremely accommodating. We returned for the day (we are Macdonald owners), on our way to the airport from Gibraltar last Friday, 10 August, to eat in the restaurant and to break our journey. My sister had had a fall the day before and had broken her collarbone. The staff were very happy to allow us to have a permit to park on site as she could not walk too far. They also asked if there was anything else they could help with.

The town of Mijas is beautiful. It is only a couple of minutes walk from the resort to the main area of the town. There are restaurants aplenty and the donkey taxis are lovely to see. I hope (and it looks like they do) that they look after the donkeys well.

If you do go to Mijas, on a Tuesday and Thursday there are many restaurants which take part in 'Tapas Night'. For two euros you have some tapas and a drink, and then rate your favourite. Good fun, but eat beforehand too, as there is a lot of alcohol compared to the amount of food!

I would wholeheartedly recommend La Ermita.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Hotel La Ermita d, Director General at La Ermita, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

We appreciate all your comments. Thank you and we are at your service anytime!
Best regards,

Reviewed 5 June 2018

I am teacher and have traveled with students 4 times to Antigua, Guatemala. Once we found La Ermita on our second visit, we have stayed no where else. This place is the best. The location is perfect... just outside the hustle and bustle of Antigua but a short walk to the center at Parque Central. The customer service and attention is second to none. I have worked with the staff over many years and they continue to be outstanding. Every time I return I feel like it's returning to a second home. All the students who I've brought there are happy with the hotel and especially the breakfast. The next time we travel to Antigua, we will be sure to stay at La Ermita. I assure you will have a wonderful experience.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Hotel La Ermita d, Director General at La Ermita, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2018

We appreciate your expectations Brittany and especially to know that we fulfill our mission, make all of you feel at home.
It is always a privilege to host you! Thanks for staying with us. We appreciate your feedback!

Reviewed 10 April 2018

The staff of this hotel are amazing. I had an especially wonderful interaction with Ilyiana, Mynor and all of the staff! They are incredibly loving, attentive, kind and hospitable! The hotel is beautiful, breakfast delicious, garden lovely with beautiful, chirping birds!

Room Tip: all rooms look wonderful
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Hotel La Ermita d, Director General at La Ermita, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Thanks for your comments Lisa. We are happy to have fulfilled your expectations.
Thank you for feeding comments. We are at your service anytime!

Reviewed 4 April 2018

The rooms are great. The service is fantastic. The food is always ready when you ask for it and it's freshly made. I like the convenience to other parts of Antigua. The staff is always ready to help you with anything.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 February 2018

The best part of La Ermita is the staff of the hotel which is outstanding. The hotel is super pleasant and good value for the price. Ilyana at the reception was amazing with my mum and I. I became sick while in Antigua with food poisoned and Ilyana went above an beyond to make sure I was well. She had someone from the hotel accompany me to the hospital and later my mum which was very nice, everyone was concerned about how I was feeling... it was really nice. The room is spacious, I would add a chair which we felt was missing in our room but not a great concern as well. I recommend. In the evenings we felt safer taking Uber after dinner to the hotel, it was only about $2. Many thanks to everyone!!! Thankfully I made a speedy recovery.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Hotel La Ermita d, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at La Ermita, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2018

We appreciate your comment, it's good that you're already well. Our commitment is that each guest feels at home. We hope to see you again.