All reviews don pedro tartines serene courtyard requested a quiet room red eye flight colonial mansion antique furniture two nights hotel is lovely rainy season within easy walking distance guatemala city light sleeper lake atitlan each morning plaza block
Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

Well this day I was celebrated the birthday of my love one. And this hotel sounds to be right. So it was true, the elegance, the service and the view are splendid. The room is like you were back to the past, like the colonial era. I think the pictures talk by itself. Recommended

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2018

We loved everything about this hotel, from the location a block from the plaza and the history of the converted Spanish colonial mansion to the serene courtyard, excellent service and portraits hanging in the rooms. Having walked around Antigua and poked our heads into a number of hotels, I have to think Palacio de Doña Leonor is wildly underrated, as I didn't see anywhere I'd rather have stayed. Although we're consummate explorers, we chose to stay in the hotel for drinks several times just to enjoy the space.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

Great Hotel in Antigua. The location is prime, just a block from the central plaza. Cozy accommodations, excellent service from all the staff. Breakfast was included, you can choose any adoption from the menu.

The restaurant serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. Delicious food all the way.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2018

It had been many years since I had last visited Antigua. I chose this hotel as it was a converted Spanish colonial mansion in a central location. This hotel was magnificent. We spent a 7 day stay early in the low, rainy season so the hotel was not full, although the days were fine with regular afternoon rain. Unlike many venues which restrict their menus during the low season, El Palacio de Dona Leonor maintained a full menu of fresh offerings. The breakfasts were wonderful with many options and the evening dinner menus were excellent and varied in the event that we stayed in during rainfall.

Our room was located on the ground floor at the back, Dona Juana, looking out into the spectacular courtyard. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom with bath and separate shower was all tiled in Travertine and was comfortable and spacious.

The staff was accommodating, friendly, helpful, and gracious. Pedro brought me coffee in the room each morning before we came out for breakfast and Vanessa, front desk, accomodated all of our special requests. I look forward to my next stay at Palacio de Dona Leonor.

Room tip: If I were staying in the high season I would request a room on the back side of the street, restaurant, and bar.
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 April 2018

I stayed here with my daughter March 15-17 on our way to a week long yoga retreat in Lake Atitlan. What an amazing hotel and fabulous staff. We stayed in the large suite with the 4 poster king bed. I felt like we had returned to colonial times. The room was impeccably clean and well appointed. And the hotel is in the most amazing spot 50 feet from the Parque Center. Don't miss dinner at Tartines across the street. The staff here was amazing, They had a driver meet us at the airport, but even more significantly after our week in Lake Atitlan we wanted to spend a last day in Antigua before our midnight flight. Karla, the manager kindly held, not only the bags for my daughter and I, but also the luggage of four other people from our yoga retreat who had returned to Antigua with us for a day of sightseeing before we all got out red-eye flight back to DC. Karla kindly arranged to not only hold all of our bags for the day, but also arranged for transportation for all 6 of us to the airport. The bar at the hotel is a beautiful refuge from a long day of walking and shopping with great service and beautifully served cocktails. I can only hope that I get to return to this hotel and its wonderful staff, sooner than later.

Room tip: All of the rooms are beautiful and unique
Date of stay: March 2018