“made my dreams come true”
Review of Voyageur Tours

Voyageur Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
US$75,00*
and up
Lake Atitlan 3 Villages - Private Tour from...
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer transportation around Guatemala in collective and private services tailored itineraries Hotel reservations Flight & Bus tickets Guided tours All inclusive packages Services in El Salvador and Costa Rica
Reviewed 31 March 2017

From our first meeting, Miguel (the owner) and Alicia (the agent) seemed more like old friends than new business associates. Alicia was on top of everything during our 12 days in Antigua, Lake Atitlan Guatemala City, and Tikal. We had her plan hotels, dinners, excursions to Iximche and San Juan la Laguna + Tikal. Voyaguer provided great service and good value for money -- and I loved working with them.

All reviews
in 9 reviews
"pacaya"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed 2 February 2017

I was planning a visit to Antigua to spend four weeks as a volunteer at Escuela La Esperanza in Jocotenango but wished to arrange, in advance, a day excursion to Attitlan, a long weekend excursion to the major mayan sites of Peten and a volcano ascent.
A colleague at the school recommended Alicia at Voyageur Tours and the service I have received has been first class. At the planning stage, emails bounced between the UK and Guatemala quickly and Alicia produced a plan that both met my objectives and my budget.
I have now been on both the Attitlan and Peten excursions.
I had been to Lake Attitlan before and thoroughly enjoyed my day there which included visits to three villages: my schedule limited me to just one day but if you have time I would recommend at least two days there.
All the arrangements for the trip to Flores and the Mayan sites worked perfectly: the travel arrangements were flawless; the hotel in Flores (CasaAzul) had comfortable rooms many of which (including mine) overlooked the lake - great sunsets and sunrises if the weather is good! The Mayan sites at Tikal and Yaxha were just over one hours drive from the hotel whilst Uaxactun is almost 2 hours from the hotel. At all three sites the local tour company provided both a spanish speaking guide and an english speaking guide. All threee guides I met on my trip spoke a good standard of English and were enthusiastic about the history and the wildlife of the site. Some background reading about the Mayan civilisation before a visit to the sites will certainly enrich the experience you have when you are there.
Now anticipating an ascent of Pacaya volcano in three days time!

Reviewed 24 January 2017

We booked a trip to Pacaya Volcano for our Youth Mission Trip Group then an additional few days touring for my husband and I. Alicia went far and beyond to take care of us.
The van was for transport was clean and comfortable. They even arranged for the group to catch a late night flight back home. Every detail was covered and in correct order. She even dropped a package I had accidentally left at her office by my hotel. I would highly recommend her and definitely will book with her again on future trips.

Reviewed 19 November 2016

It has been such a relief to find a travel agency that provides a professional, safe, reliable transportation service from Antigua to Guatemala city and back in a nice comfortable SUV. I've used them numerous times both to take me on errands to Guatemala city and transportation to and from the airport with my dogs. They always arrive on time and I never have to worry about missing the flight due to them arriving at my home late. There are always on time and send a confirmation itinerary to my email. The accept credit cards or cash. Mario, who I think is the manager or owner, is alway very kind, professional, and flexible when I have schedule changes. I highly recommend them for transport to the airport or other places. I have not tried their tours, but will be going on one of their tours when relatives visit me in a few months.