“Good steak!”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Cozy and romantic restaurant. Very good service and comfortable chairs. The steak is very good and they have traditional food from Guatemala like guacamol, tortillas, beans, etc. The soup that they bring as an appetizer is delicious. This is a great restaurant to eat good steak.

Reviewed 11 May 2018 via mobile

Visited 2 days ago w friends. Person who paid found one day later charges on card from Miami, and other South American locations. Card was not scanned in front of her as it was at other locations throughout trip. BE CAUTIOUS. Watch for all transactions.

1  Thank brevard52
Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

We went to Casa Escobar on the recommendation of a couple of friends. While it was okay, it wasn’t the “wow” we’d been led to expect.

My companion was pleased with her Ensalada Escobar. I was really happy with my Sopa Antigueña Real - a very nice chicken caldo with rice, avocado, etc. I should have stopped there.

She ordered the Puyazo (sirloin cap) and I ordered the Asado de Tira (short ribs). We switched plates as she was not pleased with the meat quality at all (and I agree). The ribs were much better, but not to expectations.

Service was fairly good and pricing was a little on the high side, but still reasonable. However, I cannot recommend Casa Escobar if you’re looking for a fine dining high quality steak experience. Lower your expectations a bit and Casa Escobar is fine.

1  Thank Swimfins
Reviewed 8 April 2018

A very romantic, upscale restaurant one street off 5 Avenue North, facing an historic ruin. The food was good but very expensive. We got to sit by the window in the evening which was absolutely lovely. We went as a family of four and we ended up sharing a meal because of the prices, but the food was very good. We ordered the paradilla de camerones (shrimp) for 2. We got 12 shrimps, 2 sides and some bread. It was enough for us, but probably not for the average family. I think our waiter was a bit irritated with us, but so be it...

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

The steak here will make your hairs stand on end they are so flavoursome and well cooked just how you ask for it,

Another bonus is they offer a wide selection of truly quality wines which I found is a rare thing in Central America.

Would highly recommend!!