“I love this place!”

El Viejo Cafe
Ranked #54 of 415 Restaurants in Antigua
Price range: US$2 - US$15
Cuisines: Guatemalan
Description: Place where you can taste the Guatemalan Coffee Varieties in a friendly atmosphere surrounded by antiques that make the place a unique experience. We offer everything from breakfast, entrees, salads, soups, sandwiches, snacks, typical, evenings clogs, desserts and a variety of drinks. We also have a French bakery. Visit will be an unforgettable experience!
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have been here for lunch and dinner, always good. But what I liked the most was breakfast. Not easy to make a decision with so many choices. Very nice ambiance and good service also. I love this place.

Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

Really nice courtyard setting, good food for good value. Espresso is excellent. Coffee good. Croissants are quite delicious, especially the almond croissant.

Reviewed 15 April 2018

The mango mousse is AMAZING!!! I wasn't a huge fan of the Oreo mousse, but I believe that has more to do with me not realizing that the Oreos are sweeter here than in USA. We also bought an almond croissant and pan de chocolate. Absolutely delicious baked goods! Staff was kind and quick! PLEASE GET THE MANGO MOUSSE! I will live vicariously through all of you trying it! :)

Reviewed 11 April 2018 via mobile

I'm a nurse who takes medical missions for women down to Guatemala and I often take the team here or suggest this place for breakfast or lunch. I like that there is a bakery and a newly renovated courtyard. I remember years ago it was quite a bit of a mess in the back but now it's a totally redone courtyard. It's perfect for when you want to eat outdoors on a sunny day. They have a variety of foods from traditional Guatemalan two typical cafe options. For me, the coffee is average. I wish they would serve the cappuccinos in a normal cappuccino cup, instead of the glass cups.

EVCstaff, Manager at El Viejo Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Thank you for your review it is important to us that our clients tell what thet think about us, that help us to improve!
Yes we have Italian cappuccino cup, just ask for it

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Wonderful little restaurant Great food Great service We enjoyed our breakfast Reasonably priced Try it out