All reviews his lovely wife every morning rooms are huge continental breakfast comfortable bed minute walk central america second floor lake atitlan my home away from home volcano agua visit antigua fresh fruit guatemala city the breakfast area tuk tuk guatemalan coffee
Reviewed 30 July 2018

If you want tranquility and comfort, look no further. Chez Daniel is a great place to relax for a few days. The upper floor rooms enjoy stunning vistas, the rooms are spacious and comfortable and the owners are most welcoming and helpful. Highly recommended!

Room tip: upper floor.
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2018

Chez Daniel was my home away from home for the 10 days I stayed there. Daniel, his wife Maria Elena, and staff Veronica and Candy were warm, welcoming, accommodating to my needs, and very helpful in providing directions and explaining local customs and events. Located in a peaceful residential neighbourhood, a 10-minute walk from Antigua’s centre, Chez Daniel provides both tranquility and convenience. It is small – four quiet, spacious rooms situated around a picturesque patio – and tranquil. The two, second-floor rooms provide striking vistas of the volcanoes and of Antigua itself. Quality woodworking and authentic room “treatments” add to the traveller’s genuine Guatemala experience. Here, I felt secure, welcome, and at home. A frequent visitor to Antigua, I enthusiastically recommend Chez Daniel.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 6 June 2018

We love everything about Chez Daniel. The rooms are huge, bright and with lots of places to store things, plenty of room in the bathrooms to be organized. The rooms are decorated with Daniel's gorgeous photographs. The views of the volcanoes are stunning. The breakfast is 100% gourmet. (We were with a gluten-free guest, and they fully accommodated her.) Daniel and Marie Elena have a fascinating story, which they share freely. They are warm and of course informative about what to do and see and how to get there. The walk into town is beautiful. We used to stay in town and had a place to sleep, but staying in at Chez Daniel's has added a wonderful new element to being in Antigua! Now we have friends there!

AND DON"T MISS: The Masseuse who comes to your room -- any time you choose -- gave us the best massage I've every had. She is intuitive, knows exactly the right pressure, and every stroke counts. She is truly an extraordinary masseuse.

Room tip: We have only stayed upstairs where the views are beautiful. I recommend upstairs.
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank susanvpage4121
Reviewed 28 May 2018

Chez Daniel is a lovely, peaceful, and welcoming spot. The rooms are large, comfortable, and decorated using locally-produced textiles. The courtyard is lovely, with superb flowering plants. And the breakfast was fabulous - an excellent french-style breakfast. And the best part was when Daniel himself would come through the breakfast area to chat. He has such deep knowledge of the area, and generously shared that knowledge with us. For example, we were in Antigua just before Holy Week, and he alerted us to a celebration that was a short walk away. It turned out to be very interesting, and we were glad to have taken advantage of it. He also helped other guests to connect with local artists for their graduate research project.

Daniel also helped us later in our trip, when we have several hours in Antigua but with our luggage. Like an old friend, he allowed us to leave our luggage for a few hours, and helped us to arrange a shuttle into Guatemala City.

I strongly recommend this place!

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Stayed here during Semana Santa - Holy Week

눇Loved that it was peaceful and quiet. I stayed in room 4, 2nd floor with view to volcano Agua from my bedroom window. Large bedroom and bathroom.
Was very well taken care of by Veronica. She’ll help you arrane travels, transfer etc. she also suggested some good restaurants.
Candy made a lovely breakfast. I’m not a big fan of croissants, but hers were very light and fluffy.
Daniel himself and his lovely wife Maria Helena took time to say hello almost every morning, so felt very welcome.
You can use the kitchen, which is nice when you’re tired of eating out.
Area felt very safe.
Also a big plus when arriving late - might sound like nothing much, but believe me to me it is - purified water in my room.
Also appreciated that there were several outlets to charge my phone etc
It’s a little bit on the outskirts of Antigua, but suppose this is why it was so quiet.
Wish my bedroom lighting was as good as the bathroom. I had difficulty seeing and finding stuff in my suitcase after dark.

Room tip: Rooms at 2nd floor have mountain view. Straight ahead Volcano Agua, if you go out on the terrace you can also see El Fuego and Acatenango.
Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Daniel C, Owner at Chez Daniel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

I just checked and you are absolutely right about the lights. All 3 fixtures that should have 2 light bulbs in each, had only one working. We changed them today and there is now twice the light! Thank you for the comment.