Loews Annapolis Hotel
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Annapolis(Annapolis)(Great Value!)
US$93
US$89
HIExpress.com
Comfort Inn Annapolis(Annapolis)(Great Value!)
US$112
Country Inn
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Annapolis(Annapolis)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$128
Doubletree.com
Hampton Inn & Suites Annapolis(Annapolis)(Great Value!)
US$118
  • Restaurant
US$314
US$293
  • Restaurant
Historic Inns of Annapolis(Annapolis)(Great Value!)
US$191
US$186
Orbitz.com
Courtyard by Marriott Annapolis(Annapolis)(Great Value!)
Travelocity
Reviews (1 330)
1 330 results
All reviewsfront deskwithin walking distanceself parkingnaval academyhotel restaurantrams headvalet staffbusiness meetingvery nice hotelwould highly recommend this hotelhistoric areaking roomcity dockboat showmain streetjoannaatrium
FilterAll languages
5 - 10 of 1 330 reviews
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I liked this hotel. The decor is really nice and it is well maintained. The staff were very nice. It is a pet friendly hotel so you will see dogs. We had an issue with a dog barking but it wasn’t a real big deal. We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
GMLoewsAnnapolis, General Manager at Loews Annapolis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear JIA-7,

Thank you for your positive comments! I am so happy to hear how impressed you were with your stay with us! I will be sure to share your appreciation with the rest of the Loews Team!

We appreciate you choosing Loews Annapolis Hotel and hope we will have the chance to welcome you back for another stay soon!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Upon arriving just after midnight on Thursday night/Friday morning (the night of March 22nd), I was greeted by a gentleman in valet who was very helpful but after entering to officially check in, I was "greeted" by a gentleman named Max P (I don't recall his full last name. He's a heavy set, bald-headed Caucasian man).

Max was rude from the beginning of our encounter as if my presence were a major inconvenience for him.

After providing him with my driver's license so that he could look up my reservation, he insisted he didn't see one and that I needed to provide a credit card. I told him that I was traveling for work and the credit card on file was that of the travel agency who booked the room (Corporate Traveler).

It was at this time that Max informed me that the system was down throughout the entire Loews network and that, while he had rooms available, he would not assign one to me until I provided a credit card because he was unable to access and confirm any reservations. I told him I do not own any credit cards and attempted to show him my reservation confirmation from Corporate Traveler but he insisted that it was ridiculous that someone would travel without a credit card - literally asking me, "Who travels without a credit card...?"

I told him that my preference in my personal finances had nothing to do with the hotel's system being down and I again attempted to show him the confirmation that I had in email on my phone to no avail. He was horribly rude and talking over me as I tried to show him the confirmation at which point he cut me off AGAIN stating, "Well, if you have no credit card, there's nothing I can do for you."

Needless to say, at this point, I was reaching my wits end and was quite livid as I had driven over three hours to arrive to no room and staff who were unwilling to accommodate me, an individual who had a reservation. He said, "So, this reservation must have been made within the last 24 hours. I told him that it had been made on February 21st and AGAIN tried to show him the confirmation...

I literally asked, "So, because the hotel's system is down, you're just going to send me out on the street...?" To which he replied, "unless you have a credit card, there's nothing I can do for you."

At this point, I told him how dissatisfied I was with his service and how amazed I was that someone working in hospitality could be so horribly inhospitable. I told him that I was disappointed in the service I'd received so far and he responded coldly, "I'm not going to do this with you..."

I'm sure it was the exhaustion from the trip that kept me from completely losing it as I was able to take a moment to breathe and find an emergency contact at Corporate Traveler on my confirmation email and get him on the phone with someone who provided a credit card to get into my previously reserved room.

He NEVER apologized for the inconvenience and even went on to give a sarcastic, "Have a nice night", complete with a scoff, as I made my way past the front desk after unloading the car and heading to my room.

The rest of my two night stay turned out well (the guys working valet were AWESOME) but I must say, I've received better service in Holiday Inns than I did in Loews. I have NEVER experienced such service in a hotel, especially considering the issue was to no fault of my own.

So, will I recommend this hotel to others? Probably not. For the same price bracket, I could have been down the street in the Westin and will likely tell people that it would behoove them to just go there.

I understand that people have bad moments but I NEVER received as much as an apology from ANYONE on staff and debated even saying anything simply, deciding to wait because I needed to remained focused so that I'd be well rested and prepared for work the following afternoon/evening.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Dear Nina B,

I would like to thank you first and foremost for taking valuable time to give us your feedback. I am deeply disappointed to hear that we failed in delivering a true Loews experience during your stay. Your feedback is very helpful as this is a training opportunity that will be used to improve our guest experience.

I hope we will get the opportunity to welcome you back soon for the true Loews Annapolis experience.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Recently stayed here and found the staff to be very nice. We checked in late and the staff sent treats to our room the next day for our children, very nice an unexpected.

I wish our room had been a little closer to the elevators. They were the opposite side so it was a bit of a hike with the kids and all their gear.

The bed was very comfortable. Wish they were queens. Tight fit for two adults.

Room was clean, bedding was very nice and fresh, not stiff and over bleached like other hotels.

Lobby was beautiful.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
GMLoewsAnnapolis, General Manager at Loews Annapolis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear MissyStr,

Thank you for such a positive review! Nothing is more pleasing to us than knowing you had an excellent experience during your stay, from the moment our Parking Attendant greeted and introduced herself to you; to the personalized, friendly service of the entire Team! I am truly pleased as well to know you had a comfortable stay in our nicely furnished rooms and had a lovely view of Annapolis! I am glad you liked the treats sent for the little ones.

Again, thank you for your positive comments. I will be sure to share your review with the rest of the Team. It will truly be appreciated.

We hope you will visit again soon and thank you for choosing Loews Annapolis Hotel.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We booked a king deluxe room for six nights over the St Patrick’s Day Parade weekend. The room was very nice. We had a room on the fourth floor with a view of West Street, a big window facing the front and also a window looking down West Street. I know it cost a little more but in our opinion worth it. The room was very clean, good size, comfy bed and bedding, room fridge, plenty of towels, nice size bathroom, good water pressure, plenty of hot water. The bathroom could have used a fan to vent the steam. One issue, on one night we could hear a conversation in the next room. This was normal conversation too, not yelling or loud music. It was only one night, so maybe there was no one in the room the other nights. I found this odd, for a hotel on this level. We ate at Baroak several mornings, servers were pleasant, service was slow, food was good. We also stoped in twice for late night food, service was better and the food was good. This hotel is the perfect location in Annapolis, within blocks to many bars, restaurants and historic sites. We enjoyed our stay and look forward to returning.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank joanne m

Dear Joanne M,

Thank you for taking your time to write a Trip Advisor review after your visit. On behalf of the entire staff, we appreciate and value your business as well as your candid comments. I am truly happy that our team exceeded your expectations from a guest service standard.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Loved the location - close enough to all the main attractions and easy to walk.

The bed was super comfortable, although it was a "hike" to get up onto the mattress. Once there, one would hate to leave, as everything was so plush. TV wasn't huge, but had great picture and all the stations we wanted. Free Internet was quite adequate and worked well wirelessly.

Front desk staff and valet crew were all wonderful to deal with. Our car was always ready as soon as we came down, and we appreciated having it parked under the overhang so we could enter the car without being affected by the nor'easter that happened to roll in while we were there.

Room Tip: Room 440 had great street views (corner room) and was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear TravelWriterDB,

Thank you for your positive comments! I am so happy to hear how impressed you were with your stay with us! I will be sure to share your appreciation with the rest of the Loews Team for your nice words on our Valet team, rooms and Front Desk service!

Thank you for recommending us to other travelers and to the TripAdvisor community. I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Loews Annapolis Hotel very soon.