All reviews rooftop bar casco viejo romantic getaway interesting hotel bedroom and bathroom would stay here again included breakfast old city small hotel excellent stay hotel staff first floor air conditioner perfect location panama canal balcony wifi
Reviewed 29 May 2018

I thoroughly enjoyed staying at the Villa Palma Boutique Hotel for ten days. The hotel is stylish and peaceful. The food and beverages are delicious. The breakfast is lovely and made-to-order. The rooftop bar is cozy and has a beautiful view. My favourite part of the experience was interacting with the staff who are extremely professional, friendly, and helpful.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Villa Palma is a vintage type hotel near the tip of Casa Viejo. It is walking distance from everything you could want to see in Casa Viejo including great food and bars.

There is construction accords the street, leaving part of the view from the room blocked. The part of the view that could be seen was a great snapshot of the city skyline. The room was large with a half bath, bed and balcony on the first floor and a sitting nook and 3/4 bath up a spiral staircase. (No bath tub.) The first night the staff forgot to leave soap and shampoo in the room. This was corrected the next day. I loved the aromas of the bath products. The room also had robes and slippers.

The breakfast was included each morning in the lobby. Delicious variety of breads and pound cake. The eggs were cooked to order and perfection. (Although not on the menu, they can add veggies and cheese to your eggs too.)

One of the nights we tried the roof top bar. It has a good view of the city. However the cocktails were strong with little flavor.

I would stay here again, but I would certainly skip the bar.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 May 2018

We loved the hotel! the rooms were spacious, and the bed was very comfortable!!
We spent our evenings at the rooftop bar. Sometimes we were the only ones up there, but it made for a nice, quiet, romantic evening.

We would definitely stay here again. I've stayed in many hotels, and the breakfast offered by Villa Palma was very good.

Service was fantastic. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 May 2018

My husband and I stayed at Villa Palma for 2 nights at the end of our recent trip to Panama - we loved it! Absolutely awesome location in Casca Viejo, very walkable . Staff were the perfect mix of friendly and professional - if we needed anything (and I mean anything) we just had to ask and it was taken care of. Breakfast is included and offers a variety of choices including fresh fruit, eggs and pancakes. The rooftop bar was one of our favorite spots, with an incredible view to Panama City. We had a 2 storey room that was lovely, however the bathroom was upstairs, so someone with mobility issues would not be able to navigate that. I'm sure they have one story rooms as well.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2018

Villa Palma is located at the tip of the "Old City" on Calle Primera (1st Street). Fantastic roof top bar with views of the entire breadth of the city. The rooms are charming, beautifully appointed with custom period furniture. We stayed in a garden view (interior facing) room. Beautiful breakfast came with the room. The staff was excellent and had wonderful restaurant recommendations.

Room Tip: Rooms above 2nd floor and ocean view
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family