All reviews across the street convenient place to stay located directly close to the airport breakfast buffet is air conditioning an airport hotel rooms are clean late flight free shuttle shuttle service stayed one night pools convenience bw luggage crosswalk
Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

I booked a stay at this hotel since I needed to be close to the airport and nearby locations. Other than a minor issue with my key card, I was very happy with the facility and enjoyed my overall stay. The staff was very friendly and hospitable and I felt very comfortable.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled solo
CarlosC12062, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Best Western Las Mercedes, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2018

Mrclair, We appreciate your comment about your stay, we were happy to have you with us!

Reviewed 2 October 2018

The rooms are clean, nice. not too large, but not too small. The environment is very pleasant with an outdoor pool and recently remodeled lobby and restaurant. You can eat indoors or outdoors and there is a bar and a place to order food out by the pool. The pool is large and grounds are well kept. If you didn't go to Nicaragua for a vacation, then one afternoon here will make up for your missed opportunity. The convenience to the airport is amazing, as it is directly across the street. If you don't feel comfortable crossing the road, you can take the airport shuttle. I have stayed there on 4 different occasions, and only once was it uncomfortable. They actually rent a separate pool out for private parties. One night there was a young girl's 15 year birthday party and the music went on until 2 am. At that point i asked the desk what I could be expecting for the rest of the night and they assured me the party was over. The next day they offered to move me to a nicer room further away from any noise, but I declined and asked for a complimentary lunch, which they gave me. The one thing to watch out for is to always double check whether services are in dollars or cords. The staff is quite flexible between currencies, but you don't want to assume. For your first time coming to or leaving Nicaragua, I definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask if there are going to be any parties that evening and/or if you room can be as far away from those as possible.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
CarlosC12062, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Best Western Las Mercedes, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2018

Chris S, thanks for share your experience with us to having you as a guest was a pleasure!
Please come back soon :)

Reviewed 2 October 2018

Staff are warm and friendly and although the rooms are basic, they are perfect for breaking up a trip as the hotel is located directly across the street from the airport and they include a complimentary breakfast. Thank you José Pérez for the lovely service in the restaurant!

Stayed: September 2018

You are amazing Andrea, we loved to be your host in the stay;
See you soon Andrea!

Reviewed 29 August 2018

We recently went on a family trip to the Corn Islands (2 kids, 8 and 11). We had a last minute flight change on one of our flights and needed to find a hotel in Managua for the night. We decided to stay at the Best Western Las Mercedes primarily due to the location. It is literally right across the street from the airport. We hadn't really read any reviews as this was a last minute requirement. We decided to rent out 2 rooms (both with doubles), one for the kids and one for us. The price was totally reasonable compared to our other options. The place was great, its not a five star place, but that's not what we were after. We were after inconvenience and ease.

The negatives were that the breakfast buffet options were limited (from a North American perspective), the pedestrian light at the road didn't work so we had to dodge traffic to get there (it really wasn't bad, just a little nerve-racking as the kids were not used to it) and that there were a few dead bugs (3 or 4) in one of the showers in the room. I more than expect that when travelling to Central America, so it wasn't really that big of a deal.

The positives were that it was otherwise very clean, the beds were comfy, the rooms were fine, the staff was really friendly, the location was great and easy to walk to (just watch out for traffic), the pool and the lounge were fantastic (kids played for hours, but they love pools), the food and drinks poolside were exactly what we needed, and it was quiet for being next to an airport.

If you need to book a night in Managua while travelling through, I would totally recommend this place. It was great.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
CarlosC12062, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Best Western Las Mercedes, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Thank you very much Jordan for your spectacular comment, we are very happy to having your family and you with us!

Reviewed 21 August 2018

I've stayed at this Best Western a few times and the best thing about this place is definitely the staff. So sweet and friendly, and they go out of their way to make sure everything is great. Everyone is wonderful, and especially Jose Gomez who works as a server in the dining room, amazingly kind!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Carlos C, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Best Western Las Mercedes, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2018

Thank you so much Jennifer, to be part of the best western family! See you soon in your second home when you found away from yours :)