“Great food, excellent little store in front!”
Review of Ola Verde

Ola Verde
Ranked #4 of 384 Restaurants in Managua
Price range: US$5 - US$18
Cuisines: Fusion
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Our dishes are created to be deliciously healthy, are made with respect for local growers, food ecology, and to showcase local ingredients. We offer vegan, vegetarian and meat, fish, chicken options. Our staff are well-paid and respected for their professionalism. Mon-Saturday 11 am - 11 pm. Sunday 11am - 9 pm. We have been in business in Managua since 2003. Proceeds from the restaurant are used to help the Ola Verde Foundation (Fundación Ola Verde), a local NGO that designs educational materials about making consumer food habits healthier using natural locally produced ingredients. We have recently remodeled the interior terrace, now called the Secret Garden, and usually have musicians or performing artists for cultural nights on weekends. Please check facebook for program information. Our organic food store and take-out delicatessen open 8 am - 10 pm each day except Sunday at 11 am - 9pm.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My husband and I live in Managua and eat here once every few months and always enjoy it. We always start with the baba ganoush and LOVE the crackers that accompany it. I usually order steak and the quality is much better than many other restaurants in the area.

For me, the best part about Ola Verde is the little store in front. I come every 1-2 weeks to pick up eggs, butter, almond flour, and yogurt. They have a lot of hard to find products and organic veggies as well as tons of delicious treats!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Delicious vegetarian and vegan food options. I had their falafal plate, which was amazing. The atmosphere is also very calm and peaceful on their outdoor patio.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

After a few years not having visited Ola Verde we went back again for dinner and we were not disappointed. My wife and daughter had the vegetarian burger and loved it and I had the chicken kebab. The food was fresh, excellent taste and the chicken kebab was very well grilled. We had a green smoothie with it and this could have been served with les ice and more fruit content.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I had an amazing spinach and tomato dish, with onion and garlic, topped with parmesan! Couldn’t finish it and was amazed at how filling it was without pasta! Service was terrific, and they helped me stop a yuk yuk for my ride home!

Reviewed 9 March 2018

We ate here with our three year old and they were very accommodating. There was no kid's menu, but the owner came over and offered to make her a special plate - we opted to order her a "small plate" of various hummus types with bread and carrots and she was happy with that.

There was some confusion with our wine order (due to my sub-par spanish), and I ordered a $30 bottle instead of what I thought was a $3 glass. It was a good import, but again, expensive for the area where I drank $3-$4 glasses everywhere we were the previous 10 days. With two entrees, the hummus app, wine, and two beers, we spent about $100. By far the most expensive meal we had in Nicaragua, but the vegetarian entrees were creative and delicious, so worth a splurge. We also took a couple sweets to go - a slice of cake and a muffin.

The owner hovered a little (she is american, i believe) and kept checking in with us and her staff - probably trying to make sure the language barrier was okay :)