All reviews metro centro mall small hotel within walking distance every morning taxis nicaragua airport metrocentro cab
Reviewed 18 November 2017

I stayed at Aloha Hotel for a total of 7 days in Oct./Nov, 2017. My first consideration when looking for a hotel in this area was to be close to Metrocentro and the UCA bus station. Well, I didn't use the bus station even once, but Metrocentro became my daily evening hangout while I was in Managua, due to a vibrant presence of people at all times, and a diversity of shopping and restaurants.

My week at Aloha ended up being much more than just a room to sleep. As it is a small hotel, I received personalized attention, being asked every morning how I wanted my omelette prepared, if I had slept well, if there was something that the hotel could do to make my stay more pleasant, etc.

The greatest asset of this hotel is the staff. Without exception, all the ladies who work there were VERY polite, hard working, and performed their duties with pride.

Even though the hotel is close to main streets, it's very quiet, being in a dead-end residential street. Every morning, I just had to walk one block to the Consulate of Costa Rica, and take one of the many inexpensive taxis waiting for passengers, to go where I wanted to.

I recommend Aloha Hotel as a good budget option in Central Managua.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank danaraujo
HotelAlohaNicaragua, Director de Recepción at Hotel Aloha, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2018

Thanks a lot to for your time and your comments are so importan to us.
It helps to traverlers like you , to know more about Managua and Hotel Aloha.

see you next time !

Hotel Aloha.

Reviewed 10 February 2017

I have stayed at several other places in Nica that are much cheaper and much better. was really disappointed here. probably wouldn't stay here again. the facility is ok, but the morning breakfast is not very good. might as well walk to the mcdonalds a few blocks away.

1  Thank bobbymoore13
ANDY2599, Director General at Hotel Aloha, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2017

Mr . Bobby ,
Hoping everything is great with you !
Thanks for the review and hoping to get better everyday. Our Breakfast Buffet is Typical from Nicaragua and is included in the Rate . Our Team will work really Hard to get better and Next time Will be different , Thanks a lot one more time for your comments!
Aloha Team !

Reviewed 31 July 2016

My wife and I stayed here for 5 nights and loved it. The staff is GREAT and very helpful. Very quiet neighborhood lends to a peaceful stay. Good breakfast every morning. Rooms very clean and comfortable. Peaceful central courtyard to drink your morning coffee!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
HotelAlohaNicaragua, Director de Recepción at Hotel Aloha, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2016

Mr. Nate,
thanks a lot for the review, it helps travelers like you in the next trips to Managua.
the aloha team is working hard everyday to give you our best.
have a wonderful day.
Best regards,
ALOHA TEAM

Reviewed 8 July 2016 via mobile

Please do not get the shuttle offered here. We were not told we would be charged from the airport to the hotel or how much it would cost. We ended up paying $20 one way from airport to hotel. Ridiculous!!!!! You are better off getting a taxi from 8-10 dollars one way. Just make sure it has a license # on door and a taxi sign on top :)

Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank 836mariahf
HotelAlohaNicaragua, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Aloha, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2016

Mrs.Mariah,
I am sorry for the inconvenience about the private taxi, we will talk with the driver about it. I Have no idea if the receptionist told you the cost of the shuttle ( Airport ¬ Hotel)
but normally the private taxi charge the same (U$20) or U$15.
Remember , the taxis from the street are not too safe and we always recommend to our guests to take the private one.
Have a wonderful day.

ALOHA TEAM!

Reviewed 5 May 2016 via mobile

For the price this place was perfect. Located super close to main roads but tucked back in a residential area so you really hear no street noise at all. Friendly staff and super safe. No big frills in terms of food or drink but there's a lot within easy walks we just went out everyday when we wanted something. The metrocentro mall is a 5 min walk and has a grocery store and all the other shopping amenities you'd need. The UCA is also an easy couple min walk and where you can grab the safe and quick collectivos (mini busses) for transit to masaya Granada Leon etc. they run about $1 USD and hop on and off wherever ya want. That's how we got around for 4 days and super safe quick and cheap. Met some great people at hotel aloha and would look at staying there again next time in Managua

Date of stay: June 2015
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank clarkkr79
HotelAloha16, Gerente at Hotel Aloha, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2016

thanks for the review, our Main goal is to give you the best service . Hoping to see you very soon at ALOHA.
Have a wonderful day !