“Amazing private tour of the Zone”

ChernobylStore - Day Tours to Chernobyl Zone
Ranked #2 of 106 Outdoor Activities in Kiev
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We are a team of explorers that since 2006 do a deep exploration of Chernobyl Zone. We offer official and safe tours to the Exclusion Zone, Pripyat, Chernobyl and around to share our experience. We are focused on one- or multi-day explorations in small groups, and create custom plans specifically for every visit. We follow a scientific way of the presentation of information, display movies and photos, share stories and facts, helping our visitors touch the great story of the Zone.
Reviewed 1 April 2018

I contacted five tour operators and ended up going with Alex for two reasons: his extremely rapid response time, and his frank communications style where he frankly gave me his opinions on various options. I'm extremely glad I picked his company: he made the whole trip turn alive and was an amazing guide. I can't imagine any other guide could be more knowledgeable and more dedicated to explaining what really happened, from big-picture stuff to trivia. It's clear that he and his team has dedicated themselves to the Zone and to show it to others. Extremely memorable experience and i can 100% recommend Alex!

AlexFromChornobyl, Chernobyl dude at ChernobylStore - Day Tours to Chernobyl Zone, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2018

Well, I just really hate to offer stuff that is impossible/hard to do because of timing/weather/etc., as it will lead to ultimate dissatisfaction of you and me (as I am there because I love this place). So I really happy you find this approach right. Thank you again for your visit and come again anytime!

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"company"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

I will never forget this tour in the area of modern day Pompeij. Lots of snow on the ground but the tour was not cancelled. I signed up for a tour with up to 16 passengers but we ended upp being just 3 that day, which of course added value. Our guide Maxim was engaged in helping us to understand the historical events. Overall, the initial contact and arrangements with Alex, the tour itself, and a brief meeting i the dark afterwards with Alex, a friend and the cat Bluetooth all gave the impression of a personal touch, that the crew has a passion for what they do and they go the extra mile. If I go again, I will definitely turn to this company.

Well, to be honest, remembering that epic snowfall, I had to say that we seriously discussed to take a tank for a tour if roads would be blocked. The point is - we believe every person should see the site, because it gives a great message that changes souls for good. Therefore we never cancel.
As for Maxim, he surely is one of the most competent guides ever in the area, so I really happy you liked it all!
Thank you very much for your visit!

Reviewed 30 January 2018

Can i even say it was a "trip" ? Actually, it was a true adventure, living near the zone with true people, being guided by such a passioned-driven guide as Alexander (and his fellow driver Nicolaï)...
We learned a lot about all what happened before, during and after the accident of the power plant. It was moving, also we laughed a lot, we ate so good local food (and drank so good local boose at night, "good bye, health" !), met so touching people, saw so much things without being disturbed by tourists, thanks to smartness of Alex, who brought us for a real personal tour.
You just have to respect what is said and you'll be in heaven if you love adventure and history, but most of it, if you love true people.
Say добре ранок to Nicolaï and Sergueï and see you again for sure !
діацуйо !

AlexFromChornobyl, Chernobyl Dude at ChernobylStore - Day Tours to Chernobyl Zone, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2018

Nico, dude, c'mon here, Sergei already asked where you are!
If serious, it was a gorgeous tour. My god, your group was a gift from heavens, I not often see so interested people. Thank you many many many times -- and I hope to see you again!

Дякую :)

Reviewed 10 October 2017

Doing a trip to the exclusion zone is a great experience which I recommend to anyone wanting to learn about this piece of history, the science, and to simply be fascinated by a place like nowhere else on the planet.

Before the trip we compared many different tours to the Zone, and we were very glad to have chosen this one. Whereas some treat an excursion to the Zone like a tourist attraction (which it is absolutely not), Alex is straight to the point and keen to fascinate and teach his customers.

Alex, who was joined by his friend Michaela, were both excellent guides, humorous and very knowledgeable who tailor-made a trip itinerary for us following our interests. Due to my background I had a lot of physics related questions, and they provided us with very informative answers.

Setting up the tour was very easy, Alex is very responsive and complete via email, and all permits and whatnot were fully arranged beforehand.

All in all, a great experience I highly recommend.

AlexFromChornobyl, Chernobyl Dude at ChernobylStore - Day Tours to Chernobyl Zone, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

We were really pleased to meet a person with such deep knowledge in physics -- this was completely different level of work. Thank you so much for your visit - and hope to see you again!