See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

I can’t help but feel that our experience was doomed from the start.

From the moment we arrived, finding the apartment reception desk was challenging. As it turns out, you have to make your way through the restaurant and through another set of doors that take you through to a cold and unwelcoming stairway.

The reception desk is a door with the City Apartment logo on it but when we arrived the door was locked and there was no one around. We asked in the restaurant but they didn’t know either. The kind waiter let us use his mobile phone to call City Apartments but their English was pretty much non existent. After about 45 minute of panicking, a lady appeared who didn’t speak a word of English. Eventually we worked out she was going to take us to our room.

The room itself was great. Spacious, clean and looked nice. After a few days there we would learn that the shower only stays hot for a few minutes, the WiFi was horrendously slow and the bed painfully uncomfortable.

Breakfast was included in the price apparently but considering the reception area was shut for the duration of our trip, we had no way of asking when and where this was. We didn’t see a member of the City Apartment team for the whole stay!

The hallway and lifts up to the room are bad. Its not just cold and unwelcoming, they don’t feel too safe. They need more than a lick of paint, they need compete redecoration.

We actually ended up leaving a night early and checking into another hotel for our final night in the city.

I don’t like leaving bad reviews but in this case the only real benefit of this place is it’s location which can’t be faulted at all!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JayRussell88
Reviewed 10 July 2015

I looked at the pictures when I made the reservation knowing full well that they are usually set up pictures. Well those pictures were just as deceiving as I suspected but wait...does it really matter? The room was clean. You enter through the restaurant on the main floor to get to the tiny elevator that takes you to your floor. The website says the staff speaks English. IF you can find the staff, you might be lucky enough to get one that speaks English. Most of them speak Ukrainian or Russian. No other language. But you can get around that. They will call someone on their phone and you can talk to someone that speaks English on their cell phone.

They take you up to your room in a dingy and dirt hallway with exposed electrical wires. You enter an authentic Ukrainian apartment through a double door. You enter a room that is barely bigger than the bed which is pushed back into a part of the room that is exactly the same size as the mattress. It's clean though and how much time do you really spend in the room. The A/C works and there is a balcony overlooking the ally and other buildings. I guess because others are growing plants on their balconies, it is considered the "garden view".

The building is quiet. The bathroom is small but clean. The towels are tiny but clean. I could have used seveal more to dry myself after my showers. Since this is not a standard hotel but rather an apartment that is rented out, there is no real front desk or front desk staff. There is a tiny office on the first floor where the cleaning staff operates from and I think the English speaking person periodically shows up.

But in the end I paid $71 for 3 nights lodging and I really can't complain. I had a bed to sleep in and a shower to get clean in. So the place was ok. Lots of places to eat in the neighborhood. And speaking of the neighborhood, you are right in the thick of things. It would be difficult to get closer to the action compared to this place.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 February 2015

Very good accomodations in the centre of Kiev. You can observe the Square of Independence through windows or balcony. Very quite place and free breakfast (we liked Italian & Ukrainian breakfasts). Good service, great location, all you need to rest well.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank livetotravel777
Reviewed 3 December 2014

such a perfect place! Clean,Stylish Design,Service is perfect!!! You just go to balcony and see the wieb of Maidan and Kreshatyk!!! It was wonderful to stay here.We stayed in Welcome to Kiev apartment.I advice you all!!!

• Stayed: December 2014
1  Thank Ararat85
Reviewed 5 November 2014

Perfect place to stay in the city center...very well design and cleaned. Restaurants and shops are within walking distance. I think must be improved the kitchen furniture that's all. I highly recommend this apartment.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel