“Very god traditional Serbia. Food”

Kafana Question Mark
Ranked #90 of 1 563 Restaurants in Belgrade
Cuisines: Eastern European
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

We were very satisfied with the food. They served us very quickly and rhe quality of the food was also super! No stomake after huge portuon of heavy food! We got a slice of the Serbian gastronomy. Location is good, very close to the fortress. I really recommend the place!

Reviewed 23 April 2018

The ' question mark' restaurant is something of an institution in Belgrade since it is the oldest restaurant still operating in the city and as such an attraction in itself. I had lunch here and first of all, the restaurant is based in a historical building with a lot of atmosphere.There was a loud serbian party with some very good musicians. This was something I liked. However with regard to food and service I was somewhat disappointed. I think this was the worst meal I had in Belgrade. It was not bad but the taste was very bland. Prices were about 50 % higher than in similar restaurants. The waiter shamelessly tried to demand a huge tip and became rather rude when I did not want to give this to him.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

I read good reviews about this place, and also saw it mentioned and recommended on a Belgrade YouTube vlog, so we came here for lunch with quite high expectations. Sadly, we were not too impressed. The staff are certainly not lazy, they rush around, but I did not find them friendly. We both ate beef goulash, and it was not good, very fatty and unappealing. It was hard to get the waiters attention when I wanted to pay, I almost had to shout to him as he was running past. I paid by card, and midway through the transaction he ran off again, leaving me there with the machine and not knowing what to do, There are surely much better food options in Belgrade, big question mark over this one I’m afraid!

1  Thank AFCW
Reviewed 18 March 2018

We took a little break in this cafe after walking tour. This cafe (kafana) has a historical background. You can listen it from the free walking tour guide. All personnel are very hospitable to us. They try to speak turkish and chat about turkish TV series. We didn't eat so much. Only two beers and a fried potato... it was cheap. If I come to belgrade again I'm sure I will visit this place one more time.

Reviewed 16 February 2018

The things that caught my eye entering the restaurant were the wooden dwarf-like round tables and chairs and the metal stove. Immediately I had the feeling of warmth and comfort that the small kitchen of my late grandfather was giving me when I was just a child. The building is one of the oldest in Belgrade and we should be thankful that it preserved so well, the design is beautiful. I tried the veal soup and beef goulash and I can say that both were delicious. The bread is baked in the wood-fired oven and very tasty. The quality of rakia should also satisfy the most demanding tastes. The staff was very welcoming. I am looking forward to my next trip to Belgrade and I will surely stop by this kafana again.