All reviews close to the airport free mini bar nice hotel business trip coca cola small gym city centre free shuttle service airport hotel room service shuttle bus busy road shopping mall comfortable beds comfortable stay rooms are big minibar
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Positives
Nice clean rooms. Very comfortable beds. Pillow menu. Good breakfast options. Friendly and attentive staff. Free minibar, but not much in it to get excited about.

Negatives
Horrible location in between many major roads with only the mall to walk to through via a car park under pass.
No tea or coffee facilities in room. No ironing facilities in room although ironing rooms are available on request.

Unacceptable
2 out of the three nights I stayed the restaurant was closed to guests due it being reserved for large groups. Only alternatives are the small bar menu, room service or go out. I went out both nights in the rain!
Had a drink in the bar and was offered a bowl of almonds from the barman. I gladly accepted as I was hungry and like I mentioned above the restaurant was off limits. I was rather stunned when I got the bill to find the bowl of (what I believed to be free) almonds cost more than the beer! Very poor indeed. I hate being ripped off.

Thanks, but no thanks Metropolitan. Nice hotel, but management need to make decisions based on their guests needs, not just their wallets. Some staff training, or at least removal of some dubious bar practices is also required.

I come to Bulgaria a lot and will never return to your hotel. I wiill ensure my corporate travel agent is also made aware of your short comings.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
MetropolitanHotelSof, General Manager at Metropolitan Hotel Sofia, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2018

Dear Mr. Aldershotborn,

Thank you for choosing Metropolitan Hotel Sofia for your last trip to the city. We value every guest that stays with us and we are thankful for your useful feedback.

Of course, like every other process and activity in our contemporary world, you have pointed out both – some positive and some negative remarks. For us it is a big challenge to fulfill all our guests' expectations and requests, but we can admit that this is a very hard task, because every person has his own demands and point of view.

Generally, we are following certain standard procedures and we train our colleagues to follow described rules and activities. Knowing every person of our team, I can guarantee that nobody is here to do any harm or rip off our guests as you mention in your comment. We would not change the policy of promoting additional services to the already ordered items, because we believe in offering outstanding combination of quality products. I would even promote the employee for giving a prompt to the guest about a nice combination of beer and freshly baked nuts. It would be nice if you enter a restaurant and expect everything to be free or the staff is just pointing what is free and what is not. Everything that you received like service, food and drinks – somebody has organized and paid for, which should be respected and does not come for free.

Metropolitan Hotel Sofia is a reputable institution in Bulgaria, receiving numerous awards for business, guest satisfaction and social awareness activities. We are here to stay and we constantly invest in improvements in the material base and staff training, as well. I am really surprised to see that somebody is so unhappy with our service, that will suggest everybody not to visit our property. A person is usually doing that if he was offended or harmed by any factor. I am really concerned if there is something more and would like to learn details.

You mentioned the bad location of the hotel – I think that location is something very subjective and usually is very important for your purpose of visit. We live in a digital world and we have made all the necessary actions to be precisely pointed on every map available online and offline. Everyone can see where we are before making the reservation with us.

Metropolitan Hotel Sofia is one of the biggest hotels in the city and is often a host of very important events like the recent EU Presidency of Bulgaria and other high level conferences. It is a common practice in such cases to close some of the venues for the event and our obligation is to relocate and organize dining of the other guests in the other venues that you visited.

Ironing rooms are available on every floor and they are free of charge. They are professionally equipped with everything you need for perfect self ironing. We really think that this is a way better solution than bringing iron and board on request, which is actually saving your time and guaranteeing safety issues.

I hope that you see my answer and would be happy to invite you on a meeting when you visit Sofia next time. I would like to show you that we are an honest and hard working team of professionals who is willing to make our guests' stay nice and memorable.

Kind regards,

Dragoslav Minchev

Reviewed 24 June 2018

Nice big room and bathroom with the expected amenities for its category
Breakfast has a big variety and quality, although I would expect some better choice for bread, quality of juices(appeared low budget). The main challenge is the organization of the breakfast stuff. Food option runs out in peak hour and when you cant find anyone it is upsetting. Reception stuff is helpful and fast. The hotel has also a nice massage options, while the gym is a bit small. The hotel is no more than 5' from the airport. For a reason I never understood it takes quite some time to find and have a taxi. The hotel is situation in a crossroad and the only thing you can do by foot is to visit a nearby Mall (which has the biggest kitchen variety of fast food small stores)

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
MetropolitanHotelSof, Director of Sales at Metropolitan Hotel Sofia, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2018

Dear Stefanos,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review after your recent visit. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed our spacious rooms, welcoming personnel and the massage procedures in the Relax center.

Our buffer breakfast, indeed, includes a large variety and the products' quality is a top priority for our Chef. We bake the bread every morning and guests can enjoy various kinds, including gluten-free. We serve a selection of Rauch juices, which are well-known for their quality, but even more important - for the company's fair attitude toward farmers and plantation workers.

I would like to offer you to use our free airport transfer for you next trip - it is really convenient and you will appreciate it.

Our team looks forward to welcoming you back again soon.

With kind regards from Sofia,
Martina Bojanska
Director of Sales & Marketing

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

The hotel is starting to be old, even if the quality is not bad the level of service is more like a 3 starts you can wait for 20 minutes to get someone to pay attention to you at the restaurant after your main dish.
Bath rooms are old fashion an Holiday inn Express is better, the TV is working sometimes, all this to say it is not worth 4 stars but it is correct, don’t expect much and then you will be happy, the waitress doesn’t even know what there is in the fruit salade she will serve you...do you believe it.

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Very friendly and helpful staff. A renovated hotel, with a parking lot, conveniently located. The rooms are spacious. The breakfast well cooked and of a nice variety. A bit pricey. The only disadvantages are the aircondition in the room, the ventilation in the wc and the 2single beds presented as a double king size bed.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
MetropolitanHotelSof, Public Relations Manager at Metropolitan Hotel Sofia, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2018

Dear Katerina,

We are thrilled by your kind comment. Our goal is to make our guests feel as comfortable as possible, so that your stay will be as pleasant and successful as it can be. We are delighted to see you enjoyed your time with us and we look forward to welcome you back soon.
Have a wonderful weekend!
Metropolitan team

Reviewed 16 June 2018

The gentleman who booked us in was very helpful, polite and amusing. An excellent start to a first class stay. Our room was clean, spacious and comfortable.

We had dinner in the restaurant, as a confirmed hater of garlic I was dismayed that a large proportion of the meals on the menu included the awful stuff in the ingredients!

The buffet breakfast was very good, a wide selection of nicely presented items.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
MetropolitanHotelSof, Guest Relations Manager at Metropolitan Hotel Sofia, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2018

Dear guest,

We are thrilled to read your comment knowing that our service managed to extend your expectations. Our aim is to make the guests feel like home away from home so we are really emphasize on providing a calm and comfortable and pleasant stay. I will share your comment with the whole team because it is a great motivation.
We are really sorry to hear that you couldn't enjoy your meal due to one ingredient but next time make sure to tell the colleagues from the restaurant to exclude it and I am sure you will like it a lot.

Once again, thank you so much for this great rate and feedback, it will be a pleasure for us to have you as our guest during your next visit.

Have a great and refreshing weekend!
Metropolitan team