See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 July 2016 via mobile

- upon check in at 6pm the bald man at the front desk was terribly rude and needs to rethink his career choices as he isn't fit to work in hospitality.
- the beds are very hard
- the sheets are all ripped and ragged
- the shower doesn't have a connection to hold up the hose freely
- the shower has no screen or curtain
- no toiletries were included
- when requesting an extra pillow we were refused
- the room stinks of smoke
- the waiters tried to make a quick buck and charge us 7euro each for the complimentary breakfast
- door to balcony was broken and required a lot of force to lock properly which is a security issue

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hollyw00d86
Reviewed 26 June 2016 via mobile

First of all I would suggest to trip advisor have the rating scale go down to zero, to give this hotel a one is far to generous. This hotel is a disaster! We found out that of the 90 hotel rooms only 5 have air conditioning and the one we were given the air conditioning didn't work. The rooms have not been updated in at least 30 years. The hotel manager showed no interest at all to make things right. Even if this hotel was free I wouldn't stay there.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Timothy M
Muminović E, Owner at Hotel Italia, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2016

Dear Timothy.
As hotel management did everything to make your stay pleasant we find your review disturbing for our company and employers.

We already contacted tripadvisor.com management to remove your review.
For argument we have provided information that you stayed one night in room 201, this room is highly recommended by other guests.
We Hope that next time you will find hotel that makes you feel better.

Sincerely
Hotel Italia
Elis Muminović

Reviewed 20 April 2016

I spent one night with my girlfriend in this hotel.
It was nice, but nothing brilliant. The personnel was nice, the room was ok, maybe could use some restoration and the breakfast was good.
It wasn't that expensive, but all in all it's average.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Armin D
Reviewed 2 March 2016

I was in Sarajevo with girlfriend . Hotel looks interesting from the outside,but once we got in we notticed its a bit shabby,idea of hotel is to be rustical but it needs some serious restoration. 1st we got small room with huge entrance room,beds were too small and also the bathroom,than we required a move,and we were pleased by very kind personel,wich i think of only bright spot in "Italia". oter room had nice couch but also shabby,beds were bad and falling apart,also there is some kind of factori in front of hotel,also ppl using wood for heating their houses so opening windows is impossible,because of the smoke. Last thing,i was very dissapointed by buffet breakfast,choice was very poor except for the cereals. As i said before only thing that made me feel rly good is staff,they were most pleasant,helpful and acting friendly towards us.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Muminović E, General Manager at Hotel Italia, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2016

Dear Guest,
Before all Thank you for choosing our hotel. I am very sorry that in period your stay we were renuing hotel rooms. So probably we could not give you totally modernised room.
This is perfect opportunity to ask you to visit as again and I promise best totally modernised room and great price.
Once again, thank you for your stay.

Kind regards.
Manager
Elis Muminović

Reviewed 17 December 2015 via mobile

We were in Sarajevo for a weekend,and we booked hotel Italia.Upon our arrival,we were welcomed by a nice receptionist,very professional and kind.Room was a bit old but nevertheless clean,plenty of space,free Wi-Fi,free cable TV, warm and comfortable.At that time I didn't realise they had a garage so I parked in front of the hotel.The hotel receptionist was kind enough to call me in our room to park our car in the garage to ensure our car is safe during our stay.The breakfast and lunch was nothing special but still it was tasty and we enjoyed.Highly recommend this hotel because of the plenty benefits for a low price.I can't stress enough genuine Bosnian hospitality.Thank you Hotel Italia,we will come back!

Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple