“Really bad”
Review of Da Vincenzo

Da Vincenzo
Ranked #137 of 457 Restaurants in Sarajevo
Reviewed 2 April 2018

First of all, we waited for around 30 minutes for waitress to come to our table and to order (in total 8 tables!). Pumpkin soup was thin and diluted. Also, we ordered vegetarian (waitress even told us it is even vegan and that it contains cheese!) arancino with seitan, but I am quite sure it is the one with the beef.
Bad service, lousy food, not worth it!

Giancarlo d, Direttore at Da Vincenzo, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2018

Good morning Sljokice!
I already answered to your friend Mizkeyze. That answer is valid also for you. Thanks a lot for giving me the opportunity to tell what I told!!
Just I want to add and clarify we had and we still have:
1) traditional arancino (with meat)
2) vegetarian arancino (with 4 cheeses) and
3) vegan arancino (with seitan).
Please don't be confused.
Everything it's also written on our menu, it's enough to be able to read.
Finally if you are QUITE sure arancino was with beef please come to our restaurant and I will show you in our kitchen, inside our fridges what ingredients we use, I will make in front of you all kinds of arancinos and you can taste and understand many things evidently you don't know.
I want you are TOTALLY SURE and not QUITE SURE.
After, only after, you can write true, safe and certain reviews, perhaps bad but real, not fake and supposed.
Please, if you write something about job of others (in my restaurant 5 families live from their salaries...) MUST BE SURE, not quite sure.
About your confusion between taste of seitan arancino and taste of meat arancino, please read the answer I gave to your friend Mizkeyze.
You can come together to visit me in the kitchen.
Thanks a lot!
Ciao!
Chef Giancarlo Di Vincenzo

Reviewed 2 April 2018

It's a small restaurant on the Skenderia near the German Embassy. The restaurant consists of a small space next to which the kitchen is located. Only one waitress (Azra) is served, who is quite kind. However, music is too loud and it is difficult to communicate with Azra. We waited 25 minutes for Azra to come to us for an order. Every time I walked past the table, I asked her to order and she would say "just a minute".
Finally, we ordered soups from pumpkin and balls of patlish and cheese. Azra returned soon and said she did not have patlish and recommended us an alternative dish. We repeated many times not to eat flesh and to seek exclusively vegetarian food. After 45 minutes the Azra brings the soup and main dish which is with the meat. To our complaint that it is a meat, Azra convinces us that it is not about meat, but that it is a VEGAN dish.

Visibly disappointed at the time of service (over 45 minutes), poor communication, noisy ambiance, lying for food that is not, no free WiFi, other guests complain too, we decide to leave the restaurant.
In total we paid 20KM (2 * 4KM for soup, 2KM for mineral water and 2 * 5KM for main course). To be honest, I do not advise anyone to visit this restaurant. It's not even close to Italian cuisine. I advise to avoid this restaurant!

1  Thank mizkeyze

Good morning, I apologize if I answer you with great delay but, fortunately, I have been very busy in my work. I am very, very sorry that you have not been satisfied with our restaurant. However, I would like to give you some clarifications. You yourself say that <the restaurant consists of a small space> and then you say that there is ONLY a waitress serving. I believe that a waitress, who then is also the owner, is more than enough for a dining-room <which consists of a small space>. This space, in a normal distribution of tables, contains about 18 seats and a waitress is more than enough. In case of groups with grouped tables it can contain up to a maximum of 30 seats (but this was not your case) and in that case we obviously call for additional waiters to help us. As for the 5KM <main course> you claim has meat content even if you asked for a vegetarian dish, I'm sorry to contradict you as we do not have 5KM main course therefore, considering your incredible misunderstanding even if the waitress gave you all explanations that it was a VEGAN dish, it could only be a starter and in particular the VEGAN arancino with seitan ragu (it costs 5KM). Perhaps you do not know that seitan is a food of vegetable origin obtained from wheat gluten, with a consistency very similar to meat. Like all REAL VEGETARIANS know, if seitan is expertly cooked by a Chef who knows what he does, it can be almost indistinguishable from the taste of meat. We prepare VEGAN arancino with the seitan ragu exactly as we prepare arancino with the meat ragu. We simply replace meat with seitan. In your case it gives me great pleasure that you have not recognized the presence of the seitan. This is the best compliment you could do because it means that my preparation is very close to the flavors of traditional italian cuisine based on meat even with the use of totally vegetable ingredients. A Chef who satisfies his vegetarian and vegan customers as he satisfies their palates has fully achieved his goal. I'm only sorry for your incompetence in this matter and for the fact that, as a vegetarian as you would think you are, you have not been able to appreciate this dish (and even recognize the presence of seitan !!!) that instead comes a lot appreciated by my REAL vegetarian and vegan customers who have the expertise to recognize it. I take advantage of the opportunity to communicate to vegetarians and vegans that right from today we have introduced a new summer menu in our restaurant that includes, in addition to dishes with meat, also many vegetarian and vegan dishes. A REAL AND COMPLETE MENU DEDICATED TO THEM, such as fresh pasta without eggs with a wide selection of sauces, lemon and orange seitan scallops like meat scallops (but NOT meat !!!!), arancino (seitan arancino, VEGAN !!!), vegan meatballs-like, and a delicious new fresh and summer dessert like chocolate semifreddo with banana and cream (VEGETABLE CREAM!!!!!) and much more. To conclude I thank you again for giving me the opportunity to communicate all these details to my clients and for making me an implicit and totally involuntary compliment thanks to your lack of competence and lack of ability to eat. Thank you so much from the deep of my heart !!! If you ever go back to my restaurant, please call me in the kitchen too, I will be very happy to interrupt my work to show you how we work, what ingredients we use and with what passion we do it and, finally, to convey you with pleasure on the most basic elements of vegetarian and vegan cooking in such a way that you can enrich your culture (on the subject I mean ...). Thanks again and best regards.
Sorry I forgot something... if music is too loud (it can happen unfortunately, and I apologise) instead of shouting to communicate with each other you could scream to tell the waitress to turn down the volume, it's easier !! And than WE ALWAYS HAVE HAD AND STILL WE HAVE FREE WIFI, net: davincenzo, password: davincenzo, all lowercase letters... it's always working. You tell other guests complained too ... of course cause that guests were friends of you. Finally I would like you explain me... I really do not understand how you can say that my kitchen <it's not even close to Italian cuisine> if you ordered and tasted ONLY two potato soups (simple soups, ok... by now WORLD AND NOT PROPERLY ITALIAN recipe ... like you go to a bosnian restaurant, you order two mash potatoes and after you say it is not bosnain food... maybe you are right... ), two vegan arancinos that you have not even recognized as vegans and two mineral waters (I apologise! ... for sure these were actually two Bosnian mineral waters, you're right !!! ...).
Ciao!
Chef Giancarlo Di Vincenzo.

Reviewed 24 March 2018

It's located in a modest surroundings, a street where one would really not expect some decent restaurant, but fine Sicilian cuisine. I especially recommend their risotti

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

The bruschetta and pasta were delicious and fresh! This is one of the top Italian restaurants in Sarajevo. If you’re craving Italian food, definitely give this place a try

Reviewed 3 February 2018

A welcome addition to the choices in town. It's a small restaurant, run by a couple who put huge efforts into quality and service. When I first saw the place and went in for a look, I asked about gluten-free options: the chef (a Sicilian, by the way) took the time to go through the entire menu with me. We've had a couple of evenings here with friends and family, and the food and drink have been great. Highly recommended.