All reviewsviennese cafeold townother hotelsfive star hotelroom was largeexcellent locationhotel europatour groupthe heart of the cityenjoyed my staycentral locationbathtubbazaargaragebascarsijasmokeaustro
Reviewed 11 October 2017

The hotel is beautiful and located by the Ottoman ruins & bazaar. Rooms are spacious and very well-appointed BUT be aware that they do work on the whole city water system between midnight and 6 AM when there will be no water for your bathroom! We could never get the lovely shower and jacuzzi tub to work/have water and were only able to have a sponge bath with the trickle that started about 6:15 AM. When on a coach tour, you don't have the luxury of waiting until later to shower - your breakfast, tours and departures are all in the early AM. It would have been helpful to know in advance since we would have showered before going to bed. The buffet dinner and breakfast were good though.

Room Tip: Ask about the water turn-off schedule as you check in!
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

Just an old hotel with very small bathrooms and strange room planning. Location is good though... Do not take high floors and ask for the rooms closer to the elevator unless you want to to get lost in the halls Two hopping malls are next to the hotel, the surroundings are quiet.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

I've been staying at this hotel regularly for a number of years and the more it goes the more I have the impression it is going downward spiral. There used to be a time I would give it 5 stars without hesitating. The location is still great, but the hotel owners/managers will have to put themselves at work in order to continue presenting a place that deserves the standing and price structure it is claiming. It definitely has the required potential.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2017

Hotel Europe is a very old hotel that has been thoroughly modernized and looks beautiful. Location is very good being right near the old city. But looks are not what they seem. Upon arriving we couldn't get into the room. Card scanner looked broken and we had to ask the housekeeper for help. She fixed the scanner but the key still didn't work and we had to be issued a new card. We then got into the very hot room and tried to turn on the air conditioning. No luck. Reception told us it might take a few minutes to kick in and to call them if still had trouble. They then sent up TWO men who couldn't get it to work and called down to reception. This person told them it was turned off for the winter and we should open the windows which we did. Our room being on the third floor we had to contend with the noise form the street which lasted well into the night. Then we were awakened by the garbage truck four o'clock in the morning. Bathtub was the bathtub from hell. Besides being much too high to get in and out of safely faucet was like something I never have seen before. There was a diagram showing how to use it but I couldn't figure it out and was lucky I didn't get a third degree burn from the hot water i couldn't turn off. Not even anything to hold on to help get in and out. We did have a very nice dinner in their dinning room. Staff was very helpful.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2017

Yes the location is about perfect. But this hotel is a design nightmare. Significantly, the rooms (including the bathroom) are so dark that you can't see to pick out your clothes or put on makeup. Some rooms have the bathroom located in an area open to the bedroom so there is no privacy in the bathroom. The hook for the towel in the bathroom was placed so high up that I had to jump in order to hang my towel (and I am not short). Our room was large, but the AC unit was too small to keep it cool. The staff was not helpful and the room was barely cleaned. My room faced a wall, so be sure to ask for a view. Breakfast was delicious.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family