All reviewsacfloorreceptionalbanialocation
Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

Modern, well equipped, spotlessly clean and really welcoming staff. Breakfast is good and substantial. Easy parking and very close to the centre but not at all noisy.
We looked at all types of rooms and although some are larger than others the are all equally good

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Gjergji T, Owner at Hotel Senator Tirane, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2018

Dear guest,
Thank you for finding time to complete this review, we would like to express our appreciation for staying in our hotel. Many thanks for your great comments. We feel happy that you have had a comfortable stay.Thank you again for staying at Senator Hotel and hope that in your next visit to Tirana to stay longer and enjoy more of our services. Warm regards,

Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

Best boutique hotel in Tirana .Perfect locations and very clean ,impresive sound proof windows ,the wifi i thing 70/100MBs very fast .Very very comfortable bed
Breakfast very good ,At the bar area they make best espreso
The staf is very friendly .Stay again soon

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Gjergji T, Owner at Hotel Senator Tirane, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2017

Reviewed 27 July 2017

We visited Tirana for one day on our way back from Croatia to Greece.
The hotel was well located, absolutely walking distance to the main city square and downtown.
It seems to be pretty new (or well maintained).
We had a room on the 4th floor, which was spacious, had good wifi and AC.
Breakfast was included. Not overwhelming but good enough.
On the downside, reception seemed slightly surprised with our question on restaurant around that they could recommend.
The biggest issue was the payment. We encountered the same attitude/issue described in one of the other reviews. We had booked a rate in EUR, the invoice was presented in EUR and payment should be in ALL.
However, the hotel made up the exchange rate when converting back from EUR to ALL. The resulting price ended just a few EUR above the quoted one, but still, this left us with a bad after taste after a stay which was nice otherwise.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Gjergji T, Owner at Hotel Senator Tirane, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2017

Dear guest,
Thank you for finding time to complete this review, we appreciate your time to share your opinion and personal experience. About your biggest issue, the exchange of the money is something normal since you are coming in a place when the local value is money and rates of the money change. For this reason we give the clients both opportunities by explaining before taking the money how much will cost in Euro and in All, after that client decide to pay in the way he/she feel more comfortable. However we like to thank you for your feedback so it help us making progress.Thank you once again for staying at Senator Hotel, we look forward to welcome you as our guest in the near future.

Reviewed 7 July 2017

Pros:
* New hotel, everything modern
* Very clean
* Woman who runs breakfast does an amazing job. Best employee in the hotel by far
* Location is very good for sightseeing

Cons
* Only one front desk staff member spoke English (not a problem if you speak Albanian)
* Staff does not provide much tourist information.

My biggest issue with this hotel is regarding payment. My reservation price was quoted in euros, and the printed bill was presented to me in euros. I asked to pay by credit card and the front desk woman agreed. Without telling me, she charged my credit card in Albanian Lek using a rate that was much higher (i.e. worse for me) than the exchange rate at the time. Traveling in Albania, you become very familiar with the euro to Lek exchange rate, and NOBODY in my 8 days in Albania -- including 4 other hotels -- used a rate as bad as Hotel Senator. This hotel's rate was 6% higher than the others at the time. If I had known they were going to use such a bad rate, I would have paid in cash. However, the front desk woman had already run my credit card without telling me she would use such a bad rate. This left me with a bad feeling about this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Gjergji T, Owner at Hotel Senator Tirane, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2017

Dear guest,
Thank you for finding time to complete this review, we would like to express our appreciation for staying in our hotel. We appreciate your time to share your opinion and personal experience. Thank you again for staying at Senator Hotel.

Reviewed 24 March 2017 via mobile

Amazing time At Senator Hotel from where should I get start at the service the staff was really good and friendly to us service at the bar rooms perfectly amazing
Best espresso in town that
Very soon I will visit back Senator Hotel

Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Gjergji T, Owner at Hotel Senator Tirane, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2017

Dear guest,
Thank you for finding time to complete this review, we would like to express our appreciation for staying in our hotel. We appreciate your time to share your opinion and personal experience. Thank you again for staying at Senator Hotel, we look forward to welcome you as our guest in the near future.