“you can skip this market”
Review of Handicraft Market

Handicraft Market
Ranked #4 of 4 Shopping in Nadi
Reviewed 28 June 2018

We passed by while shopping in Nadi. I was excited and thought this is where i can get local handmade souvenirs. Wrong!! Most of the stuffs look like the stuff we see in Hawaii(most likely made in the philipines or china). Even the one stall keeper said their necklaces were from the Philippines. Majority of the stall keepers are pushy and rude if you say "sorry, I'm going pass". They'll give you the nasty glare if you walk into their stall and not purchase anything. So i ended up not checking out most of the stalls, which was a shame, as I might have gotten something i like. But i'm afraid of walking in. One Indian stall owner kept badgering me "pls, come into my store, please please".

Another tried to rip me off and offered to sell coasters to me for $30 FJD, and when I said "it's ok", she offered $15. That's their tactics. So don't pay for what they ask for!!!

I ended up buying a huge purse made of bamboo straws for $20 USD. The lady claimed that it was handmade in Fiji, which I highly doubt, but i still like it. She offered it for $65 FJD, we were short of FJD cash and can only offer $20 USD. After accepting our $20 bills, she proceeded to ask for another $5 FJD, then another $2FJD(for her juice), thank goodness we were really short on FJD cash so we got the purse for $20 USD.

Only fun thing about the market, was the lady who did my kids' henna for $5FJD. We did it at Jack's for $15 FJD, so $5 was a great price and she took her time. But it only last 2 days if your kids swim in the pool during the trip. Mine last for 5 days. This stall is the 5-6th stall when u enter the market with the huge sign that says "Nadi handicraft Market". There's another stall that's the 2nd or 3rd when you enter, the woman doesn't do as great, and even mumbled to me on my way out "that henna got no structure"....how rude is that?

Reviewed 27 June 2018

Not too many visitors at the Nadi handicraft market. There are only a few stalls with typical local handicrafts, bargaining is the word.

Reviewed 7 June 2018

I thought we'll find a souvenir but this more an ordinary market, handicrafts aren't much around. A small handicrafts market in the center of Nadi.

The vendors can get pushy, ignore is the best thing to do. Therefore I barely have seen the stuff. They saw us coming and convinced to get inside their shop

Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

This is a small market selling the same type of products in every single stall.
Be prepared to be hounded too by each and every stall holder.
If you like to haggle then it’s a fun way to spend some time getting some trinkets and souvenirs. If not in a haggling mood it’s probably not the place for you and all the same style of product came be purchased at other stores in Nadi
Not a wide variety of product on offer.
Happy with the price we paid for the goods we got.

1  Thank Malcolm T
See more reviews
Reviewed 28 April 2018

It's a market and it's pushy, but I actually kind of enjoyed our visit because it threw us in the deep end and we met, and talked to, a number of shop owners about.. Well, mainly about other shop owners!

Warning: If you are wanting to buy from the 'local market' just make sure you have a fair idea of what the items they are selling you are actually worth! Head to Tappoo first and you can see genuinely good prices; keep those in mind and mention them at the markets! Also, don't be conned by the shops along the street who will give Kava and rip you off.