“Restoran 1792 - step into the past and eat so well”
Review of Restoran 1792

Restoran 1792
Ranked #207 of 1 143 Restaurants in Montevideo
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Reviewed 1 May 2017

This is a little jewel of a restaurant in the heart of "Old Town" - full of history and great food. You can order a full meal or just a sandwich, but you won't be disappointed. The clientele is equally interesting.

Reviewed 19 December 2016

What a beautiful restaurant but what a bad impression I got with the service as they did not treat us well, it seems they were more interested in taking care of the ones who looked like they had a lot of money, even though they had no clue if we had it or not. The service was not good and we order some mushrooms something but it was not that good either. We later went on the afternoon and even though it was 5.00pm the kitchen was closed ( 2 hours prior closing, the place closes at 7.00pm), so we decided for a coffee, an espresso. They have a very expensive espresso machine and they made me a coffee that tasted awful, almost like hot water with a little bit of coffee colour, terrible. A shame for an expensive restaurant like that.

Reviewed 8 August 2016 via mobile

We went there today and it seemed like a nice restaurant, but we could not have the omelet without the cheese or any other variations. Quite unhelpfull and difficult for example if you have any food allergies. Instead we went to Copacabana café and they had way more choice!

Reviewed 20 April 2016

A very nice place in ciudad Viejo modern not cosy but very comfortable the food was very good the portions not very generous The service very good

Reviewed 16 April 2016

I was heading for Estrecho since it was highly recommended on TripAdvisor. It proved to be "estrecho" in every sense of the word. Even if I had been willing to wait in line to be seated the space to wait in was pretty tight. So I walked down Sarandí looking for something else. I'm surprised that 1792 doesn't rate higher. In addition to outside seating on the pedestrian way, the interior space is a beautifully restored old building. I had the lunch special that was a delicious lasagna. The service was excellent. I'd definitely go back to try other things on the menu.