“Wonderland !!!”

Ranked #1 of 8 Bakeries in Montevideo
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed 17 November 2017

One day walking from the bus station to the hotel, we saw this amazing bakery! we felt like being in wonderland, i wanted to try EVERYTHING.
Everything looks sooo good, fresh, clean, yummi. Always is full! if you are in Montevideo, you HAVE TO stop there! I suggest the "cono relleno dulce leche" and "pan manteca", everything is yummi. We went twice.

Reviewed 29 July 2016

It is a wonderful place. All the food is so fresh and prices are reasonable, their sandwiches are famous and they cater many parties.
Whenever I am in the area I go and buy salty and sweet food. They have tarts, etc.
People that work in banks and offices around buy their lunch in this place.
When you go you are tempted to buy everything. Looks so fresh and delicious

Reviewed 29 July 2016

My family and I stayed in Montevideo for 10 days. We went to this bakery 3 times! The location was always very busy, which is a good sign in my book. On our first visit we grabbed a variety of both sweet and savory "biscochos" or pastries. My favorite were the mebrrillo (quince paste) filled croissants dusted with sugar. They are to die for. We also got an assortment of empanadas, a salad, and a milanesa. We bought dinner for six people for less than 20 US dollars. On our subsequent visits, we bought more pastries. All of them were good. My only issue was with one of the fancier puff pastry items I got. It tasted a bit stale. I would recommend this bakery for anyone visiting Montevideo.

Reviewed 14 March 2015

This bakery has tons and tons of options - it can be a bit overwhelming! If you go in the morning, there will be a lot of people there, so you'll have to think quick. They're helpful if you don't speak Spanish, as well, so don't worry about that.
Highly recommend the medialunas - so fluffy and sweet! Some of the other pastries were a bit dry.
No seating or hot drinks, so if you want a coffee, you'll have to grab one elsewhere. It is nice to get some pastries and go to the plaza independencia for breakfast outside though.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I was walking around Ciudad Vieja on a Saturday afternoon when I stumbled upon this bakery after noticing their large display of sweets in the window. As soon as I walked in, I was welcomed by the friendly staff and served immediately, as was everyone else that I saw come in. I purchased a few pastries which were average tasting, but what impressed me most was the impeccable service and the variety of goods available.

1  Thank jump78