Review Highlights
Out of the ordinary ... and two locations!

My husband and I saw TripAdvisor reviews of this place. We did a quick look over, saw the... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
amawold
Necklaces

On the main street, hole in the wall jhewelry shop. Bought 3 necklaces as gift and friends loved... read more

Reviewed 24 October 2018
CeyhunD11
San Francisco, California

All reviews silver ring beautiful jewelry memorable experience earrings demonstration buying shop
Reviewed 13 February 2017 via mobile

This place is an excellent little artesanía and jewerally shop in Urubamba.

Mario and Juanita are 2 of the nicest people I have met, and made me feel like one of the family during the time I was living in Urubamba. The jewerally is beautiful, mostly hand-made and reasonably priced.

The ring-making classes were especially fun, and only 40 Soles for the class and silver ring! Definitely worth checking out!

Date of experience: January 2017
1  Thank Voyager673165
Reviewed 1 February 2017

My wife and our 11 year old have been living in Urubamba for the past two months. In my packing for Peru. I only packed 1 pair of pants as we originally had planned on a six month stay in the jungle. Now I find I wear them almost daily. On our first visit to town I found a 2 hour laundry/jewelry store. The owner Mario, and his wife greeted me warmly and gladly accepted my pants that could have walked in of their own accord.

My wife was scanning the beautiful display cases of Mario's work and came upon a ring she fell in love with. We bought it for an extremely reasonable price (truly a steal). We used it to renew our vows atop Machu Picchu.

A week later our older boys arrived and we took the workshop on how to make rings from Mario. We speak very little Spanish but Mario was patient and we all loved the experience. At only 40 Sole a person to make your own ring is an experience you won't soon forget.

Date of experience: January 2017
1  Thank JPRamsey
Reviewed 22 August 2016

We came across Mario and Juanita's jewelry store on our last day in Urubamba. Our whole group of 8 (4 adults and 4 children ages 11-14) were welcomed with warm smiles and small gifts. Then, Mario and Juanita patiently and proudly exhibited their collection of handmade earnings, necklaces and rings. Their prices were very reasonable, and there was never any pressure to buy, although, buy we did! I highly recommend taking time to visit this lovely, family-run business.

Date of experience: August 2016
Reviewed 23 October 2015

I have been going to Peru, Urubamba for 2 years now and starting with the first time I went into Mario and Juanita's store they have treated me like family. They are an incredibly warm and humble couple and will welcome you into their store and hearts with open arms. They have beautiful merchandise that you can't help wanting to buy everything in the store but you will never ever feel pressured into buying anything.

Date of experience: July 2015
Reviewed 17 September 2015

My kids ages 9 and 12, along with their cousins ages 8 and 6, made beautiful silver rings with the help of Mario. He was an amazing and patient instructor and the kids had a blast! Not only did we have the best experience, Mario's prices were very reasonable. His jewelry is also so beautiful. Don't miss it, it's worth it!

Date of experience: August 2015