Lowest prices for your stay
US$50
Free cancellation until 21/12/11
Hotels.comUS$50
eDreamsUS$48
TravelocityUS$50
All reviews sacred valley second floor the main square cusco airport in town comfortable beds via email grounds are beautiful cobblestone luggage mountains ruins wifi garden pedestrian taxis alleyway
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 September 2014

our group of 3 couples completely enjoyed our 3 day stay. We did not expect or need 5 star luxury but rather wanted comfort and character. The rooms were spacious and clean. But most of all Ruth and the staff were so helpful in every way. Early breakfasts, bag lunches, laundry and advice were readily available. The location was out of the way and quiet while also being easy walking distance to everything. I highly recommend this place along with a couple hours relaxing in one of the comfy garden hammocks.

Room tip: 1st floor rooms have easy access to lovely garden areas.
1  Thank witravelover
Reviewed 27 September 2014

As we traveled through the sacred valley we stayed at Apu Lodge 2 nights. The second floor room had a excellent view of the ruins. The staff was friendly and answered any questions we had. The lodge is very close to the "Granaries" trail which is less traveled and offers a stunning view of the fortress across the valley.
Excellent Value, clean Rooms and friendly staff
Matthew
Vancouver Wa USA

Room tip: second floor
1  Thank MatthewA401
Reviewed 27 September 2014

We stayed 3 nights at the Apu Lodge, which is set in a stunning location with views over the mountains and the Inca ruins of Ollantaytambo.

The customer facing staff are mainly British and American and were friendly and very helpful. Our ground floor room was well sized and clean. It opened out onto the pretty and well maintained garden, where we sat out and watched a good variety of Andean bird species, such as Golden-bellied and Black-backed Grosbeak, Black-throated Flowerpecker, Giant Hummingbird and Rufous-necked Sparrow.

There is free tea, coffee and filtered water in the reception area. Breakfast was fine and we appreciated the early breakfast on the days we had an early start. WiFi signal only available in the reception area and Internet access was a bit flaky. Be aware there is a 4° surcharge for paying by credit card.

A very enjoyable stay and well recommended.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2014

I think this place is a very average two star type place. Apu Lodge itself is situated in a lovely spot with great outlook and pleasant gardens. The lodge being a good five minute walk from the town was not a problem, a lovely walk through the streets. The place itself is very basic, no luxury here, but ok for what it is. I was disappointed though because my experience did not match the reviews that I had read. The staff were not friendly. They were not unfriendly, there was just no interaction, and I tried! No sign of the owner. The downstairs rooms are really noisy, you can hear everything that is going on upstairs. Breakfast was very average. It is an ok place to stay.

Date of stay: August 2014
1  Thank zappy1
Louise N, Owner at Apu Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2018

Thanks for your review. I am glad you liked our choice of location, our beautiful gardens, and the walk through the pedestrian streets to reach us. Like all the staff, I have family commitments, so I am not able to be around all the time and meet all of my guests, but I do try to recruit receptionists who are really friendly and helpful, and I hope that you can see from recent reviews that usually they are. Our breakfast is also improved, with the addition of organic yogurt and vegetable omelettes. Your stay was a few years ago now and I hope that if you joined us again you would notice a difference.

Happy travels!

Reviewed 22 September 2014

We loved this place! Mainly because of the location in Ollantaytambo, which is amazing. This wonderful old town was a highlight of our trip, with it's views of ruins, the cobblestone streets and the water canals flowing throughout the town. It sits among majestic mountains that are a sight to behold. At Apu Lodge, once can take in the full sights of the ruins and mountains. It's smartly situated at the back of town, with minimal noises. Comfortable rooms, lots of hot water, good wifi downstairs and a delicious breakfast in the mornings. Well worth it!

• Trip type: Travelled with family