“I would never come back”
Review of Don Belisario

Don Belisario
Ranked #858 of 3 007 Restaurants in Lima
Cuisines: Peruvian
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I would give 2 stars because I've been in Don Belisario 3 times in 3 different cities but there is no other word than TERRIBLE for this one so I guess it stays with 1. My family take me there for my birthday and it was horrible. We were one of the first ones of the night and
the service was so slow even the waiter laughed about it but didn't apologize, the floors were sticky, there was a salad on the floor that no one cleaned for 15min, a waitress hiding to use her phone in the bathroom, run out drinks. We had to call the waiter 4 times to order because he would just leave without asking. The entree was great but then almost everything was so overcooked it was hard to chew. When we told them there was a birthday, they took my ID, came back 10min later, it was taking so long we asked for the check and after 10 more, they sang to the newer table instead of mine. So, we had to go to the cashier to pay only to find out some time later that they charged us the teas they told us was run out and a s/61.60 plate so we had to go back and the cashier told us they were aware they charged us wrongly. They gave me 1 small slice of chocolate cake and a heartless, light apology.

Nunca más, pésimo servicio, comida sobre cocida aunque algunos platos si estaban ricos, pisos pegajosos, mesera en el baño con celular, no tenían ni chicha, la comida demora demasiado, le cantaron cumpleaños a otra mesa, no nos trajeron la cuenta y nos cobraron más una parrilla de s/61.60 soles que no pedimos fuera de unos té que no pedimos porque se les había agotado.

ペルーのポジォ・ア・ラ・ブラザを味わいたければここにこないほうがいいです。汚いし、遅いし、頼んでもないものまでレシートに入っていました。

Reviewed 1 June 2017

Underwhelming to say the least., [erhaps because I have a western palette. I found the chicken bland, the chips were undercooked and also tasteless and even the frozen drinks were disappointing. The food portions were reasonable and so were the prices . The staff were very nice as we tried to order using the little language we knew. Unfortunately, overall it was a disappointing experience and I would not recommend this food chain to others.

Reviewed 26 December 2016

Great chicken, great sides, great pisco sours. Great outside seating. Very limited English spoken by the staff.

Reviewed 24 July 2016

We found this restaurant on our first day in Lima, I found the service to be excellent even with the language barrier the staff did their best to understand us.

Good atmosphere and the menu was well priced.

Reviewed 10 February 2016 via mobile

Some people may think if I'm a vegetarian why going to a restaurant that it's obviously not, well it is not that easy to find a good, nice and veggie friendly restaurant in Lima ... So I try what suits me and my kids the best.
In my personal opinion this is one of those restaurants in which you can order a full meal and eat several veggie options for a really good price. For example you can order a big bowl (family size) of rice, some of their side dishes (like sweet potatoes, cheese baked potatoes) and a veggie grill that includes eggplant, zucchini, red bell-peppers and caramelized onions. If you are still hungry (like us) you can also order from a -not so small- variety of salads (just don't add the chicken) and you'll really love them (our favorite is the mexican salad).
The prices are not so high so in my opinion is budget friendly also.
The place is nice, clean and worth trying.