See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I was in this hotel for second time....I come back because in my first time i have a very good experience......the service is great...the location is very convenience and the price is ok.......They improve all the time.......Iam feel like home.......thanks...so much...

Room tip: 202 and 401 exterior view
Date of stay: August 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Miguel G
Reviewed 10 June 2013

It's an ok place to stay. The location is good. The room was clean but there was a bad smell from the bathroom. Unfortunately, after we left I discovered I had left my iPod behind in the room safe and the owners didn't respond to any of my emails when they had previously responded quickly to my enquiries about taxis etc. Disappointing service.

Date of stay: September 2012
3  Thank SLM27
Reviewed 16 January 2013

My wife and in-laws stayed in the Imperial Inn on two separate occasions. December 24 and again on December 30. The staff is very friendly, considerate and has a strong desire to please. On December 24, there were very few dinner options (as most places were closed.) The hotel staff knew of a great chinese place which was open, called us a trusted cab and sent us on our way. The staff also provided great directions on how to walk to some of our desired locations in Miraflores. They were very patient and kind. The staff also arranged return to the airport at a very reasonable price. When we returned on December 30, they arranged pick-up at the airport as well.

In the rooms, the linens were clean. Bathrooms were spotless. The floors in the main room looked dirty, but upon further inspection it was determined that it was simply the type of flooring material. The beds were firm. I realize that some prefer a soft mattress. I found that almost all bedding in Peru is slightly more firm than those beds in the US. Clean towels were provided with a tiny bar of soap. The television provided a few channels of english movie channels as well as many options in spanish. The size was small, but adequate for our needs.

The location is fantastic. There is a great mall within a 15 minute walk. For those American's needing something of home, there is a Chili's and TGIFridays. For those wanting to experience the flavors of Peru, you must check our Brujas, which is right around the corner. Be prepared to pay, though.

As far as room selection goes, our room was on the top floor. As some have disclosed, navigating the narrow staircases is somewhat difficult. However, there is a nice breeze up there and it's quite. My in-laws had the room next to check-in. They were not as pleased. Although they didn't need to carry luggage up steps, the check-in noise was sometimes unbearable.

All in all, I found this a great hotel and will return when I am back in Lima.

Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank 568MarkR
Reviewed 15 January 2013

I stayed at Imperial Inn for one night before flying from Lima. The hotel is clean but the room I was given was tiny and the bathroom the smallest I have ever used. The location is great and feels very safe and the staff are very helpful. My lasting impression was that I paid too much for so little.

Date of stay: November 2012
2  Thank toky302
Reviewed 21 December 2012

it was great a stay. Rosie and Eva are managing a great little hostal in Miraflores. We stayed there 6 nights in total on two different occasions and it really felt more like family stay. Rosie and Eva almost do not speak English and we almost did not speak Spanish, but nonetheless it was very easy to communicate.

the location is in Miraflores, 10min walk to Park Kennedy and all the action. you can also reach Park de Amor in less than 5min walking. there is a small shop 2min up the street, small ice-cream shop 2min down the street, big, not too expensive and very well supplied supermarket is around 10min walk up the street. the closes restaurants are around 7min walking.

we had 2 different rooms. both had flat screen tvs and were exceptionally clean. the room on the 3rd flour was very nice, away from the noise, but some may complain that there is no lift. the breakfast choice was very standard: breadroll, jam, orange juice and tea. there are two computers downstairs also for guest's use. the hotel is safe as the main gate is normally closed.

Room tip: do not go to or from the airport by taxi to reach this hotel, especially during the day. just walk 5min from the terminal, outside the airport there is a bus stop where bus S will take you to miraflores in 1h, where you get off at Pardo/Grau intersection by the Vivanda supermarket. from there it is 10min walk down the street to the hostal. the taxi would be just a little faster (maybe 45min) and would cost 45USD as opposed to 2.5SOLES for the bus. catch a bus back to ther airport as well. if you need to take a taxi (b/c it is dark) do tell the driver to stop before the airport gate and the price should drop to 25USD. we enjoyed the room on the highest flour the most, but note there is no lift.
Date of stay: November 2012