“Casual atmosphere for great churros”
Review of Manolo

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Miraflores
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A local guide recommended that we go here for churros as, according to him, it was the best place for churros in Lima. You could take a "to go order" on the outside of the restaurant or could eat inside. We chose to eat inside. I ordered a chocolate churro and my husband ordered a vegetarian pizza. The service was great and the food was delicious! While I am not a big fan of sweets, the churro was amazing served warm with sugar on top and a quality chocolate inside. The prices were reasonable. It is located on one of the main streets, Largo Avenue, in Miraflores, in a safe and well-traveled area. Manolo is more of a cafe and casual atmosphere.

Write a ReviewReviews (1 067)

3 - 7 of 1 067 reviews

Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

It is true that churros are popular everywhere in Lima, but if you just have one chance to try it do it the right way and come to Manolo, they are specialized in churros and monster sandwiches (they are really big, trust me) located is the most accesible part of Miraflores (Larco Ave.) they are an institution in churros stuffed with dulce de leche, chocolate, vanilla cream and Nutella, and also the churros without stuffing that come with a cup of hot chocolate to use a a dipping. Travel tip: they have a special line and cashier just for selling churros right at the entrance of the store, that is in case you go on a hurry but you still want to try one.

Reviewed 2 October 2018

Nice place for a churro, coffee or some ice cream after a long walk around the area. You can either just pick one up to go or you may get an outside table and enjoy it al fresco. Prices are modest and the experience a must if you are in Miraflores!

Reviewed 25 September 2018

We only had the churros, but they advertise as a churreria so I feel I can base a review on this. I think people who like these churros have not had them before. They are awful! I don't know how long they had been lying there. Good churros are hot and straight from the fryer, and crispy. These were tough. Also they were covered in white sugar instead of powdered sugar. We didn't try anything else because the place is crazy expensive, even for Miraflores. Peruvians know how to do sweet things well, so if these are the best churros in Lima, best get something else to satisfy your sugar craving.

Reviewed 22 September 2018

I went today to this iconic venue in Miraflores. I used to go there when I was a child, then as a teenager and then before I left Peru for greener pastures in Europe and then the United States. Each memory I have of this iconic venue is wonderful. My family is very fond of this place. It had been a while since I was there last time. I noticed they had expanded the area of the venue and there were a number of tourists having breakfast (it was around 9 am when I went there after doing an errand for my identification card). How pleasant it was to find a comfortable table and a nice as well as professional waiter. At first, I went for my 'diet' vegetable omelet and coffee but then I remembered that this venue was famous for their 'churros with hot chocolate' so I ventured in and asked for a few of them filled with 'manjarblanco'. The hot chocolate and churros reminded me of my time in Madrid and their traditional 'churros and chocolate'. I would like to suggest to my fellow travelers from Spain to give this venue a chance and see if you concur with my review. I did have to soften the hot chocolate with some hot milk to finish it all as it is quite a sweet treat. One of a kind I would say and well done for keeping it up to standard for fifty years! Service and quality of food were excellent. Price may not be for locals but it is as I said before a treat and not overly expensive if you are on holiday. Hope you give it a try and enjoy it as much as I did. Well done Manolo!