“Great food for fair price! Best ceviche in Peru!”
Review of Punto Azul

Punto Azul
Ranked #51 of 3 003 Restaurants in Lima
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I went twice to this restaurant during my stay in Lima. I ordered the Punto Azul Ceviche made with fish and mix of seafood with house's sauce in the first time and my friend had the Punto Azul Risotto made with squid ink, shellfish and crusted bites of fish. Both were delicious and cost less than 45 soles each (approx. 13 USD). The second time, I had a seafood Risotto and my friend repeated his dish given it was just amazing the first time. The place gets crowded easily, so you will probably have to wait around 30-60 minutes during lunch time to get a table. However, it's worth the wait. They have menus in both Spanish and English. I didn't try it, but heard that they have the best Chicha Morada in town. I'd really recommend it if you are in Miraflores. You'll certainly get great food for reasonable price.

Write a ReviewReviews (1 838)

3 - 7 of 1 838 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We ate here twice on our visit to Lima. First time was for dinner - online sources said it did not open until 7 pm. We wandered by at 6:30pm - it was open and we were seated right away - so double check the times! Lunch on a Wednesday there was a short wait. For dinner we each had an entree (risotto with fish and seafood and fish with seafood in a yellow pepper sauce) - YUM! We had a few drinks and cost was about 112 soles....about $40 US. The waiter did point out the tip when he ran credit card. When we told him we were tipping in cash he seemed happy - so don't know if games are being played with cards. Lunch was delicious too. Parmesan crusted scallop appetizer and we split an entree of fish stuffed with crab and topped with seafood. With drinks bill came to about 90 soles @ 30USD. The waitress tried to get us to order another entree. We were stuffed with the entree and appetizer. Delicious. Yes the waiters at night were very busy and that may come across as grumpy - they were very efficient and were working their tails off. We ate upstairs on both visits (cozier). I would go back in a heartbeat! I cannot eat at a local chain restaurant for what we paid. Just an aside about spice - in every restaurant we ate at they warned it was spicy. I didn't think so.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The food here was very good, but I have to admit I was slightly disappointed with the ceviche mixto. It was not as spicy as I would have liked, but was still good.

Everything else was fantastic! The grilled octopus appetizer was incredible and was big.

My wife had a risotto dish while I had the fish stuffed with crab - both were delicious. We each had a Pisco Sour, which were great.

After the “required” tip (see other reviews), total came to just under $100 usd. A bit pricey for lunch, but it was very good.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Indeed, you will expect to see several locals in queue which means if the food is good enough for locals it’s good enough for us travelers.
Love the squid ink fettuccine! And the risotto is real yummy.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The food was very good and reasonably priced. Would definitely go again. You may need a reservation if you don’t get there early. It is a pretty popular restaurant.