“No other company than this one”

Evolution Treks Peru
Ranked #2 of 654 Outdoor Activities in Cusco
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Evolution Treks Peru. Empowering Women, Employee Owned. Sustainable & Eco-friendly. Fair Trade Tourism. Socially Conscious.
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

I didn't get the chance to do a tour with Evolution Treks Peru but I did get the chance to meet Miguel. He helped me out selflessly when I didn't know what to do, without knowing me or to get anything out of it. He is one of the nicest people I've met so far on my trip. I would definitely recommend booking a tour with this company just for Miguel and for the way he talked passionately about it. And the fact that no other tour company seems to care about empowering women. So glad I got to meet him. Next time I'm in Peru there's not going to be any other tour company than this one!!

Qurpamaki, Manager at Evolution Treks Peru, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Lena!! awwww thank you so much for your amazing words of support. We are glad you were able to meet the Miguel we all love. He is awesome.

Best

"money well spent"
"fair trade"
"felt completely safe"

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

I had the most beautiful trip of my life visiting Perú. It was only possible because of the help and organization of Evolution Treks Perú. They run an ethical company that focuses on People rather tan just profit. I cant describe all the things they did for me on the tours. I always felt they had something else for me, some off the beaten place to show me. Overall it was an unforgettable adventure. Thank you Rudi for all your patience.

Luiz, We loved your words of support. thanks so much for booking your tour with us.

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

I couldn’t recommend this company more.
I was attempting to book the Inca trail in December for May with various companies and was disappointed to find that there was no availability. However, I was surprised to receive an email from Miguel in January informing me that the government were selling another 20 or so permits the next day, and whether or not I still hoped to do the Inca trail. Thanks to their organisation and attentiveness I was able to secure a place and do a much dreamed of hike!
A couple of days before the hike Miguel came over to have a chat, to ensure I understood what would happen in terms of the hike and the preparation. He was very friendly and ensured I was completely prepared.
In terms of the actual hike, I loved it. Rudi was a brilliant guide, ensuring everyone was comfortable with the pace and being constantly supportive. He was also very knowledgable and his enthusiasm was infectious. Their treatment of the porters is brilliant, having been porters themselves before. They’re provided with their own tents and good equipment. Also, they’re one of the few companies with female porters, ensuring everyone is given equal opportunity.
You need not worry about food, with plenty being provided and all delicious. I kept wanting to ask the recipes! Even if you’re vegetarian or vegan they have options for all.
Although this company is more pricey then some, you really do get your money’s worth, from the quality of food and equipment to the information and support.

Lauren, Muchas Gracias por tus palabras. We loved having you here with us.

Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

My Friend and I signed up for Huchuy Qosqo trek and it was an insane experience!

We met Miguel before the trek for a meeting and he immediately offered to take us on a night tour of cusco, which was beautiful and got us really excited for our trip! The next morning we started our trek with the female porters learning about the history of female porters and their personal stories, it truely was inspirational!

During the trek I spend most of my time with them laughing the whole time speaking a lot with a porter named Sarah! Our first day camping was at an amazing sight right next to this inca ruin and the stargazing was insane, there were so many stars, and they were tied to a lot of the Incan history we were told about.

The food was amazing throughout the whole stay and I was always well fed and cared for. The Chef was amazing! The tents and the sleeping bags were in perfect condition and overall the camping part of the trip was amazing.

For the rest of the trip on our way to Machu Picchu we stayed in really clean and nice hotels.

All our treks were always amazing as Miguel talked a lot about the Incan history and the flor and fauna of the mountain range and the change of ecosystems dependent on the altitude.

Machu Picchu was amazing and Miguel tied everything that we learnt in the past few days together! It was truely an amazing experience and would recommend it to everybody!

Paula! thank you so much for this wonderful review. It was a pleasure having you with us.

See more reviews
Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

Evolution treks peru is an amazing, unique and truly inspirational company. My friend and I went on the Huchuy Qosqo/Short Inca Trail trip and had such a fun time! We had Miguel as our guide and he was extremely knowledgable and interesting to talk to and we really enjoyed getting to know him over the 4 days and hearing everything he had to say as well as having some very eye-opening debates. We learnt a lot about not only Incan history, but also about the working conditions of porters on the Inca trail (which was a true shock). We met a bunch of the female porters who really embodied the ethos of this company and were so determined to help and inspire other women. I know that everything Miguel hopes to achieve with this company in the future will happen because of the dedication of all staff. Not only is the whole mission behind the company amazing, but we also saw the most beautiful nature I’ve ever seen (as you can see in the photo I attached of the campsite). I would 100% recommend booking with evolution treks peru!!!

Dear Imogen, Thank you so much for your kind words. It was a beautiful experience having you in our LAres Trek.