Esplendor Hotel Cusco
US$122
US$108
US$83
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshot tubfront deskthe san pedro marketoutdoor jacuzzivip suitelocal mercadomodern boutique hotelinitial roommachu picchuwell maintained and cleansame blockearly arrivalgreat boutiquequiet side streetday trekhotel offerslong trek
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My adult daughter and son and I stayed here for 2 nights exploring Cusco and then went on to Machu Picchu. The hotel is lovely and the staff is warm and gracious and extremely helpful, in English too. They offer hot drinks in reception area, a free breakfast in a nice dining area and a beautiful courtyard. It is also in a great location, 10 minute walk from plaza de Armas and 3 minutes from the big bazaar. They happily kept our suitcases for us while we went to Machu Picchu, free of charge and were nice and helpful with all questions. Great hotel!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 March 2018

The front desk staff were friendly and knew me on sight; they did what they could to be helpful, many times. Rooms are on the small size but well appointed with good beds, large TV (DirecTV), and a safe; they all open on to the courtyard. There's free tea all the time and computers for guests. The hotel is cute and quiet, except when it rains, which it frequently does in Cusco. One of the three nights I stayed, I got almost no sleep because of the noise from the rain. I discovered in the morning that the walkway roofs, which I had thought to be clay tiles, are in fact not tile, but sheet metal, curled and painted to look like tile! Besides that, the gutter right outside my room had a leak! You can imagine the booming and banging I endured. There is not enough hot water -- they need a bigger tank -- and the shower stall floors are not tile but made of jumbled rocks. This is neither elegant nor upscale, only unclean and painful to walk on. The breakfast food was good and ample, but the breakfast room is open air -- too cool in the morning -- and impossible to reach from guest rooms without going out uncovered in the rain. The breakfast hours are not posted, and on my last day I and six other people were surprised to find that the staff started pulling the food at NINE AM! That is TOO early, esp. on a weekend. I used the hot tub twice, which really helped my aching muscles and joints; you do have to give them some advance notice to heat it up for you, but that's not a problem. It lacks a handrail, though, which means it is difficult, dangerous, and slippery to get in and out of. The hotel is located on a side street near a large grocery store and the San Pedro market, but not near anything else of interest to tourists; it is a fifteen or twenty minute walk from the nearest restaurants and museums. The streets between the hotel and the Plaza de Armas are crowded with people, even at night, and well lit, so I never felt unsafe walking back to the hotel. However, walking is hard for me, especially after touring all day, so even despite the excellent service, I would have preferred a place closer to the center.

Stayed: March 2018
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

While I was looking for an accommodation in Cusco I suffered hardly from back pain and when I saw in the pictures that they have a big jacuzzi in the property I was already sold.
After reading the reviews I booked four nights and after only one night I extended it for a week.
7 min walk from the main plaza and located next to San Pedro Market and close by there is a supermarket that carry everything.
Esplendor hotel was a great accommodation and I highly recommend it to everybody who’s staying in Cusco especially for couples / travelers with high budget.
The staff were wonderful and everybody was generous and kind from the moment I checked in until I left; especially Graciela that made me feel welcome all the time and she was taking care that I’ll have everything I need 24/7! Thank you so much for everything I’ll be back in the future.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Fën H, Director Comercial at Esplendor Hotel Cusco, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2018

Dear Nadav C

First of all, we want to thank you for choosing us. It´s been an honor to hosted you.

We received your kind words with excitement and they were shared with the rest of the team.

We are looking forward to welcome you back again in Esplendor Cusco.

We hope to welcome you back real soon.

Gabriela Bianchi
Sales Manager

Reviewed 15 December 2017

This is a very nice small friendly hotel. Lourdes from the reception was very professional and friendly when I had to change rooms because the first one I got was way too dark and small and I am claustrophobic. We ended up staying an extra night because we felt comfortable and welcomed. They store your luggage if you need to which is a big plus as no point bringing everything with you to Machu Picchu and back. It's true that the windows of most rooms are facing the common areas so you need to keep the curtains closed but it was not really a problem for us as the room was big and had very nice lighting. The breakfast was decent, nothing special but very ok for the price. Location is great. Check in is a bit too early (9 am) but that's common in Cusco as most visitors take early morning train for tours. Overall this is well run place and I would stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Fën H, Gerente at Esplendor Hotel Cusco, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2018

Dear UrbanNomad7

We are looking forward to welcome you back again in Esplendor Cusco.

We hope to welcome you back real soon.

Matias Ranieri

Reviewed 12 December 2017

Reception was very good but the rooms were small and cramped. After putting down our bags there wasn't much space left to move around in. No restaurant but that didn't bother us too much as we planned to eat out every night. The courtyard was quiet but there was little service around. Breakfast was OK

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends