“A Fantastic Salkantay Trek with a Wonderful Guide!”

Chacras Travel Peru
Ranked #12 of 629 Outdoor Activities in Cusco
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: This is a travel agency set up, by local professional Peruvian people in service to foreign tourists, making tailor made plans to enhance your tour plan and give it a new look holidays, we customized destination around Peru
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Chacras Travel was a fantastic choice for me and my parents! Our wonderful guide, Isaias, led us on the 5 day, 4 night Salkantay Trek. Isaias was an enthusiastic, supportive, and well-informed leader. He has worked in the mountains for 20 years, so his extensive knowledge of the trek and his close relationships with other guides and locals put us at ease. My mother has knee problems which slowed her down a bit, but Isaias was sure to stick by her side to help her while giving me and my father clear instructions on how to go ahead. Our chefs and horseman were also incredibly friendly, welcoming us to our campsite each evening with a display of delicious food and our tents all set up for us. It was a very rewarding experience and it’s all thanks to Isaias for putting together such a fantastic team and keeping up the energy throughout the long hikes!

2  Thank Sylvia S
"his passion"
in 4 reviews
"trekking experience"
in 3 reviews
"highly recommend this trip"
"knowledgeable guides"
"great sense of humor"
"every step of the way"
"cusco city tour"
"four days"
"own pace"

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Just returned from the Salkantay Trek led by Isaias of Chacras Travel. Isaias is an outstanding guide with more than 20 years of experience. He is friendly, fun, safety-oriented, patient, and deeply knowledgeable about the area, history, flora and fauna. Easily the best guide that I have ever had! The hiking was challenging but Isaias prepared us well with the packing list before the trip and also with his briefing each night about what to expect the next day. I was the slow hiker in the group and Isaias gave me a lot of encouragement.

The food was off-the-charts delicious, healthy, and fresh--thanks Chef Raul! Chacras travel supports customized trips at reasonable prices. I give them my highest recommendation!!! We hope to return and do another trip with them in the future.

2  Thank Helen S
Reviewed 1 April 2018

Chacras Travel delivered a terrific five-day trek along the Salkantay Trail to Machu Picchu. Our guide, Isaias, drew upon two decades of guiding experience, a vast network of personal connections along the trail, as well as recent university-level coursework to provide a well executed and informative trip. Isaias was always upbeat, and his team of Raul (Chef), Ismael (Sous Chef), and Javier (Horse Hander, for our equipment) were friendly and skilled. We were traveling in late March, during the transition from the wet to dry seasons. We benefited from a good deal of sun, tempered by some cloud cover and occasional showers. Isaias had all the tools needed to adapt our route at points where rainy-season storms had caused landslides blocking some trails. He also provided detailed information on topics ranging from history of the Incas to the the political-economy of the Salkantay Trail today, and the ecology of the forests we traversed.

2  Thank Mike S
Reviewed 20 March 2018

My girlfriend and I went on a 4 day, 3 night Inca Trail hike with Isaac as our guide (Isaias Andrade Covarrubias) - he was the best guide, so knowledgeable and knew how to keep us interested when we started getting tired along the trail.

The food was surprisingly gourmet and delicious, even though we were eating in a dining tent in the middle of nowhere. I would strongly recommend going with these guys, there are lots of tour companies around Cusco and Chacras made sure we had everything provided for us and we could have the best time of our lives without worrying.

1  Thank ethanchristy