Open today: 08:00 - 20:00
Review Highlights
Great guy

I started messaging Isaac one morning from a hotel in Cusco after a flight was canceled the night... read more

Reviewed 6 days ago
gmmelissa
via mobile
Chacras Travel Peru was incredible!

Chacras Travel Peru was incredible! Isacc and his brothers were incredible, they are wonderful tour... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Rebeca M

Recommended experiences in and around Cusco
from US$999,00
from US$49,99
from US$430,00
from US$78,99
More Info
All reviews tour guide inca trail medical assistance machu picchu speaks quechua extremely knowledgeable about the area his team his extensive knowledge mountain peaks plant life wealth of information incredible guide oxygen tank his enthusiasm first aid kit experienced guide own pace
Reviewed 1 April 2018

Just returned from the Salkantay Trek led by Isaias of Chacras Travel. Isaias is an outstanding guide with more than 20 years of experience. He is friendly, fun, safety-oriented, patient, and deeply knowledgeable about the area, history, flora and fauna. Easily the best guide that I have ever had! The hiking was challenging but Isaias prepared us well with the packing list before the trip and also with his briefing each night about what to expect the next day. I was the slow hiker in the group and Isaias gave me a lot of encouragement.

The food was off-the-charts delicious, healthy, and fresh--thanks Chef Raul! Chacras travel supports customized trips at reasonable prices. I give them my highest recommendation!!! We hope to return and do another trip with them in the future.

Date of experience: March 2018
2  Thank Helen S
Reviewed 1 April 2018

Chacras Travel delivered a terrific five-day trek along the Salkantay Trail to Machu Picchu. Our guide, Isaias, drew upon two decades of guiding experience, a vast network of personal connections along the trail, as well as recent university-level coursework to provide a well executed and informative trip. Isaias was always upbeat, and his team of Raul (Chef), Ismael (Sous Chef), and Javier (Horse Hander, for our equipment) were friendly and skilled. We were traveling in late March, during the transition from the wet to dry seasons. We benefited from a good deal of sun, tempered by some cloud cover and occasional showers. Isaias had all the tools needed to adapt our route at points where rainy-season storms had caused landslides blocking some trails. He also provided detailed information on topics ranging from history of the Incas to the the political-economy of the Salkantay Trail today, and the ecology of the forests we traversed.

Date of experience: March 2018
2  Thank Mike S
Reviewed 20 March 2018

My girlfriend and I went on a 4 day, 3 night Inca Trail hike with Isaac as our guide (Isaias Andrade Covarrubias) - he was the best guide, so knowledgeable and knew how to keep us interested when we started getting tired along the trail.

The food was surprisingly gourmet and delicious, even though we were eating in a dining tent in the middle of nowhere. I would strongly recommend going with these guys, there are lots of tour companies around Cusco and Chacras made sure we had everything provided for us and we could have the best time of our lives without worrying.

Date of experience: January 2018
1  Thank ethanchristy
Reviewed 20 March 2018

Isacc and his team are the most knowledgeable guides. They made the adventure special and fun, memories that my wife and I still talk about constantly - even the more difficult parts of the trail were fun because of the great team and energy of the guides helping us through. It was a magical experience that my wife and I will never forget thanks to these guides. And the food was amazing too!

Date of experience: April 2017
1  Thank MarkS10458
Reviewed 15 March 2018

I've done the 4 day Inca Trail with a friend.
Isacc was our leader tour guide, I strongly recommend HIM to anyone that is deciding to live this adventure.
Guys, do it! And do it with the best guide ever: Mr Isacc!
At the beginning I was a little afraid since it was my first trekking ever, I wasn't exactly trained to trek with the altitude. But in the end I made it, and it was such a big satisfaction to reach Macchu Pichu!
What I really appreciated is that we could really took our time to do the Trail.
It wasn't a competition, everyone was doing it at his own pace, so I had the time to enjoy the different landscapes, to really connect with the incontaminated nature.
Isacc was always around cheering us up, motivating the group and creating a friendly group atmosphere. He was never tired, and always enthousiastic.
He is such a kind person, and you can tell he does his job with passion.
He is very proud about the history of his ancestors, you can see it through his interesting explanations along the trail, about Inca history and tradition.
Thank you Isacc, you made the journey unforgettable and I hope to trek with you very soon!

Date of experience: April 2017