“A healthy and tasty place”
Review of Prana Raw Food Bar

Prana Raw Food Bar
Ranked #427 of 908 Restaurants in Cusco
Description: Temporarily closed. Sorry, Prana will be closed until the rainy season is over!
Reviewed 12 June 2015

A different experience. I love the salads and the ways the used the ingredients of the region. If you want to try something different, try this one. The owners are very nice people, and the service is cool.

Date of visit: May 2015

Reviewed 4 June 2013

Freshly prepared so sometimes take a little longer than most places as usually made from scratch.

Couple that own the place are really nice. Shop small and quaint. Not so far from the main square but hidden away. Not sure how I stumbled upon this place. All food I had was lovely (went a few times). Much needed health fix too.

Reasonable on price. No reason to not check it out. Cusco is awesome and the restaurant choice is impresseive, however if you are looking for something cafe type wise and laid back. This is it. Probably the best healthy food type restaurant I went to in the town.

Visited in May 2012.

Date of visit: July 2012
Reviewed 2 December 2012

We could trust that here we can have some good juices and some good easy vegan options. The place is not big but can offer fast things and return because you are sure you can eat here. Good luck.

Date of visit: September 2012
Reviewed 19 August 2012

I visited this place for lunch twice. The first time I had the falafel (I think the menu changes regularly). It didn't look like much but was not only beautifully presented and delicious but filling as well. I also had the frozen pie. I love raw food desserts but most of the time i've had them, they are just too big and rich. This pie was perfect delicious but not too heavy or rich. The second time I had the soup. I wanted something different but when the owner reeled off the ingredients I thought I t sounded like vegetable juice. It wasn't. It was an explosion of perfectly orchestrated flavours. This time I had the brownie - not too rich but the perfect end to my meal.

Reviewed 20 July 2012

As vegans travelling in South America sometimes we long for the variety of ingredients that we're lucky to have at our fingertips in London. So visiting Prana yesterday was just gorgeous. The menu is all vegan and organic, live/raw food, with each dish chock-full of different tastes and textures. There were 2 starters (guacamole and carrot soup) about 5 mains (inc. giant salad, tacos, sushi, pasta) and 4 desserts (fruit mouse, choc mouse, brownie and pie) plus lots of fruit and superfood smoothies. We went for the zucchini pasta with nut pesto including optional garlic and added tomato (or you can have neopolitan sauce with nut parmesan), and the dried seed tacos with guacamole, almond cheese and mixed salad (leaves, broccolli, cherry tomatoes, sesame seeds, baby carrots, cucumber, lime dressing). The pasta was light and refreshing, though the tacos were spectacular (love live nut cheese). For dessert we plumped for the brownie and pie. The first was frozen fruit middle like a tropical fruit sorbet, with a dark crunchy crust that tasted of almonds, cocoa and sesame seeds, drizzled with passionfruit plus a dab of nut butter on the side (mmm, just remembering it makes me wish I had another one in front of me). The brownie was similar to the pie crust ingredients but softer with added raisin sweetness, which the owner (Pedro) served with a custard-fruit custard (unmissable, so very, very tasty). If I'm going on a bit, it's only to demonstrate just how much variety there was, which has been so lacking in our travelling diet of bread and jam, soya burgers and rice with veg. I felt that the meals had been chosen with real care for combining tastes, so that the food was delicious, not just healthy.
During our stay we chatted to Pedro about ingredients (he has an organic supplier that delivers regularly), being vegan in Peru (easier than you might think) and talked us through the meals as he prepenvironmental considerations.
ared them (in no time at all).
The food was not cheap for Peru, but a bargain to us in terms of quality and vegan choice (around 15 soles for mains, 10-11 for desserts). There was also a variety of organic seeds, nuts, nut and cocoa butters, dried fruit, chocolates and powders for sale, which were tempting but out of our budget as we're saving our money for a return meal before we leave Cusco.
If you have a veg/vegan/raw diet, or even if you don't, go here and satisfy your taste-buds and your body/mind/soul at the same time. Enjoy!

Date of visit: July 2012