“Amazing trip with an amazing team”
Review of Alpaca Expeditions

Alpaca Expeditions
Ranked #1 of 657 Outdoor Activities in Cusco
More attraction details
Owner description: Alpaca Expeditions is an experienced culture and adventure travel company that creates customized tours for travelers visiting Peru. We will work with you to create the trip of a lifetime, whether you dream of trekking through the Andes on a 4 day climb to the lost city of the Incas or conquering the heights of Macchu Picchu through the indulgence of a luxurious train, let us make all your dreams come true. Alpaca Expeditions is the only company using satellite phones to operate adventure trekking tours to Machu Picchu as your safety is more important to us.
Reviewed 28 June 2018

We had a private group of 14 go on the Inca 4D/3N trek. From initial contact with Emi to when we went on the trip with guides Teddy and Marizol, chef Alejandro and head porter Cienciano (sp?), it was about 6 months of planning and communications (and an additional 3 months of research beforehand). Everything went PERFECTLY. All cars and transfers were efficient and on time, and everything during the trip from food to tents to little necessities was executed smoothly by the Green Machine (they're the real MVPs). I can tell they are truly professionals and really care about their customers AND employees. Everyone was taken care of like a big family, and we all made it to Machu Picchu without any issues. This would not have been possible without the help of the . whole team. I cannot recommend Alpaca Expeditions highly enough. This is how a company should be ran. But don't take my word for it, do some research and you'll see that for price/value/customer service, there is no comparison. Viva Peru!

Write a ReviewReviews (4 596)
All reviews
"amazing porters"
in 31 reviews

782 - 786 of 4 596 reviews

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We done the 5.5D/5N Salkantay Trek, and we really loved it! They have recently built cabins to stay in on the first night which was amazing as they had a sky light to watch the stars at night. The trek was well organised, and ran very smoothly thanks to our guide Eric! He was passionate, friendly and very knowledgable. He also kept us motivated the whole time, even when we were struggling after hours of walking.

Reviewing the company with 5 stars because the trek itself was great and Eric was amazing, however I do have to mention the customer service we’ve received after finishing the trek has unfortunately been bad/non existent. During the trek they ask you to pack anything you don’t need for the 4th day in to plastic bags, which then arrive back to you the following day. When we unpacked the day after the trek we realised one small bag was missing, so I emailed the company as soon as I realised explaining what happened (emailed a total of 3 times over 3 days) and I have been ignored every single time so far. Not great seeing as they were very quick at responding before the trek when they wanted us to confirm and pay the deposit...but this is a customer service issue, the trek itself was great.

Thanks again to Eric for making the trek so enjoyable! The 5 star review is due to him :)

1  Thank laurabessick
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Three of us joined the 5D/5N Salkantay Trek starting 13 June and had a remarkable and life-changing experience. We were guided by Javier and Ingri and supported by an incredible band of porters, horsemen and cooks.

Altitude trekking was challenging but we triumphed and are very grateful for the guidance, encouragement and good humour of our Alpaca crew.

Don’t look any further for your trek provider. Alpaca are also very committed to providing employment and opportunities for local people in need and we love their ethics and sense of social responsibility.

Reviewed 28 June 2018

I participated the trail as 2D1N Inca trail in May 2018, whole trail as amazing. Although the high altitude of mountain really challenged participants' physical, our tour guides still patient and assist all the things during the whole trip. If tourists consider the trail around Paccu Picchu , I will stringer recommend to join their trail!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
See more reviews
Reviewed 27 June 2018

My friends and I went on the 4 day/3 night Inca Trail trek. I cannot speak highly enough of Alpaca and our guides Wilson and Filio. The guides were extremely knowledgeable and brought a lot of depth and education to the beauty and scenery. The meals provided were insanely delicious. I was not expecting to eat so well living in the mountains! The trip was organized, well communicated and reasonably priced. All the porters and the chefs were also amazing. The tents were clean, water was always provided and the bathroom situation was better than expected - they set up portable porter potties!
We got lucky and our group was also great. There were 16 of us on the trip, with a range of ages.
I highly recommend Alpaca!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction