“Highly recommended”

Chicha por Gaston Acurio
Ranked #113 of 919 Restaurants in Cusco
Cuisines: Peruvian
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Chicha was a recommendation from a friend and I am so glad I went. The service was great the food was exceptional and the staff were very friendly. 3 of us turned up there without a reservation and although the restaurant was busy they staff managed to get us a table.

Date of visit: June 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (4 658)

108 - 112 of 4 658 reviews

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Went there by recommendation & it was fully tasteful. You need to book your table in advance or bring time with you as you might need to wait a little, depending on the day.

Food was on the spot as expected. Tasteful meat & vegetables. Very good service during the entire stay.

Recommendation: eat the chocolate ball.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Overlooking the square, the best chef in Peru has developed a restaurant space worthy of his cuisine. The ceramic vegetables, fruit, and garlic art installations give depth to the macrame that not only holds them in place, but creates a wall between the entry and dining space.
The service was impeccable. The scope of the menu - both food and drink - made decisions challenging. I chose the trout, which looked and tasted similar to salmon... it was a cut above any thing I’ve grown accustomed. The habas (lima beans) purée was light and fluffy - like a cloud. I suggest you take your time and let your palette take you on your next adventure. It’s an experience to savor.

Reviewed 24 June 2018

We had eaten at several of Gaston's place...but here the food was average and service just about okay. The room and entrance was fine and somewhat atmospheric. The bar is at one end and there is no space to have a drink without bumping into the poor diners who's tables are so close to the bar it felt invasive of their space. The Pisco sours were poor [over acidic], and in fact all of us who had them were unwell the next day (egg whites?). The food slow but steady and was okay but nothing special. The lamb seemed to get the best reviews. I find this typical of most of Cusco's restaurants where quality has suffered in the face of 'over' tourism. Decent but nothing special.

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

We ended up in Chicha from a recommendation from our tour bus driver. We were seated at 6:30 which was fortunate because by the time we left at 8- every table was full. We ordered an appetizer that had a variety of local dishes that did not disappoint. It was so much food one could order it for their dinner. I ordered the beef stirfry which was lovely. It came with a side of rice but I didn’t touch eat it. My friend had the charred octopus and it was delicious and made perfectly. My Piesco sour was fantastic. Lovely atmosphere, attentive waiters- we were incredibly happy. Gaston Acurio did a great job with this location !!