“Worst meal in Peru”

Ama Lur
Ranked #243 of 892 Restaurants in Cusco
Cuisines: Peruvian
Reviewed 6 October 2017

We took a chance here as we were out and hadn't checked TripAdvisor.
We really didn't enjoy the food here. The steak was tasteless and poor quality. I had the grilled trout, which was okay but the potato with it was hard and the veg tasted as though it had been frozen.
I can see why they are pushing this restaurant from outside. We just glanced at the menu in the doorway and were encouraged in. Lesson learned to always check the reviews!

Reviewed 19 August 2017

I ordered aji de gallina (a typical peruvian chicken dish with yuca, hard boiled eggs, and rice in a peppery sauce) and greatly enjoyed it. I would definitely return!
I think in Latin American countries, their idea of wait staff service is much different from what people in USA are used to. They generally do not do more than deliver your drinks, food, and bill. You usually have to ask for the bill as well. It is not a negative aspect, in my opinion, just something you have to get used to in another culture.

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

This place is great for a fast and easy taste of truly local food. The service was fast and the personal very friendly. Really nice experience for the price.

Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

Food was delicious. My wife and I got Peruvian dishes and two drinks for 55 soles. Overall service was friendly and quick. One thing that would have improved our time there was a little more attention from the waitstaff. We may have ordered more drinks or dessert, but after our food arrived the waitstaff was nowhere to be found. I had to chase down a bartender for our bill. Also be careful going to the men's room. There are three steps down in an otherwise flat restaurant. They caught me off guard and i fell on my butt.

Reviewed 18 May 2017

This was a cozy restaurant with great food! There were many options to choose from-- from soups, to typical Peruvian food, to Chinese dishes. All were great!