Overall great apartment in Cusco. Located in the neighborhood of Barrio Professional, it's safe and only 10 minutes taxi ride to Plaza da Armas. The apartment is comfortable and brand new. Everything you would need to enjoy your stay is included. Such as Kitchen Untinels, extra blankets, space heaters, and I'm sure if you needed anything else Viviana and Miguel would help. They really made the trip great. If you need help with anything there only a call away. Local fresh market is around the corner, and grocery stores and local restaurants are only 5 mins walk on ave de la cultura.
1. Viviana and Miguel were SO GREAT, I just can't emphasize that enough. Super responsive, super helpful, and they put up with me not knowing if I was coming on a Tuesday or Wednesday...and then when I did finally get in, it was much, MUCH later than I had been told by the bus company - and Miguel was still there to meet us in the middle of the night with a smile on his face. They were amazing!!
2. The place is very nice, it lives up to the photos. Everything feels new and modern.
3. Very comfortable beds.
4. Hot water!!
5. Games to play on early nights when you stay in.
6. There is a main street nearby with grocery, cafes, restaurants, etc within a 10 minute walk.
7. Very clean!
CONS (somewhat subjective):
1. You are somewhat far away from the main section of Cusco (Plaza de las Armas). It's a little too far to walk in my opinion. BUT - it's about a 5 minute cab drive away, and it's super easy to catch a cab, and super cheap. So if you prefer to be in a quiet, suburban neighborhood with easy access to the main square, then it's not an issue. Plus there are a lot of conveniences within walking distance (as mentioned above). This "con" is just personal preference - we would have liked being closer to to the Plaza de las Armas, but it wasn't that big of a deal considering all the Pros and considering how easy it was to get there.
2. The walls are quite thin, and at one point I thought the neighbors were literally in the same apartment as us! For someone like me, it was difficult to sleep through (even with earplugs in). But for someone like my husband, who can sleep through the building crashing down...it's not a problem! :)
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|
|Friends getaway||Families with young children|