Miguel Illescas Art Gallery
Review Highlights
Unique artist

It is hard to convey the beauty and uniqueness of this artist’s creations. Awesome colors and... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
johnfoote
Cuenca, Ecuador
Creatividad al máximo

While walking to a local museum located on Calle Larga in Cuenca, we ran on this amazing art... read more

Reviewed 5 weeks ago
JuanchitoP1
Ambato, Ecuador

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Cuenca
from US$75,00
from US$79,99
from US$89,34
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 January 2018

I LOVE his work. I am not a huge art fan, but his stuff is really top notch. My wife fell in love with several of his sculptures, three of which now are in our home. I keep eyeing some of his wall hangings (kind of like "wall sculptures") and think we may add one to our walls before too long.

If I were a musician or bicyclist, there are numerous in each of those series that I would have on my desk at home too!

Date of experience: January 2018
MIllescas, Propietario at Miguel Illescas Art Gallery, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2018

Thank you very much!, Is always a pleasure to receive you at our Gallery, I'm so glad you enjoy my art pieces... come back any time.

Reviewed 11 December 2017

I loved the great and intriguing art in this gallery -- some whimsical, other intellectually challenging.

Date of experience: December 2017
Reviewed 10 September 2017

Great gallery space with fantastic interpretations of the charcaters - fish, sharks, turtles, iguanas and people. Beautiful colour development using some unique techniques. We met the artist for a conversation, and we were offered coffee and a rest of our weary feet after visiting the ethnic museum almost next door.

Date of experience: August 2017
Reviewed 19 June 2017

Migual Illescas is a world famous wood/metal sculpture. The vivid colors and his artistic talents are the best. I bought 2 large pieces (with a musical theme) plus amazing 4 art wear pieces. The gallery is incredible. Make sure to visit with Migual and the entire family.

Date of experience: June 2017
MIllescas, Propietario at Miguel Illescas Art Gallery, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2017

Thank you very much Trudy, it was a pleasure to serve you, comeback soon.

Miguel.

Reviewed 1 April 2017

Miguel creates some of the most whimsical pieces from recycles metal and then adds colour - vivid enough to stop you and demand you take a look at the magical pieces. We are now proud owners of a number of his pieces and with he new gallery, he now can be displayed as he deserves!

Date of experience: January 2017

Thank you so much, we wil be glad to receive you any time.