“a home - nicer than home”
other travellers have booked this property
Suite Luna and Sol
private terrace
kitchen
dining table for 3
view into the garden
modern wood burning stove for cool nights
bedroom on first floor
double bed (180 x 190 cm)
convertible in two single beds
two single beds (90x180cm)
comfortable desk
Suite Luna and Suite Sol are  also apt for a family or friends sharing one terrace
mountain view
enjoy the garden
gazebo with barbecue
Suite Luna
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
CAROLIN R
Munich, Germany
“a home - nicer than home”
Reviewed 26 April 2013 for a stay in April 2013
people found this review helpful

I soooo enjoyed my stay at Wantara in April 2013!!! It became a home away from home. I had a spacious room with office area and separate kitchen in the middle of Wolfgang and Andy's most adorable paradise garden - in the heart of old town Quito! I never lit the fire in my room - it was warm enough -but liked the idea...

All in all I would never even consider a boring hotel room for a future stay in Quito. Wheter on a business or a tourist trip, I'd always choose Wantara Suites... the owners make you feel at home in Quito, they offer personal advice as well as cell phones with local numbers ... this is definitely my 'home away from home' if I ever visit Quito again, and I sure recommend a stay to everybody else....btw I have to admid that their matress is much better that my own at home :-(

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: es war soooo gemütlich - fast schöner als daheim
Liked least: es gab wirklich NICHTS zu beklargen
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
english-a...
Fort Myers, Florida, USA
“Fantastic place - friendly, beautiful and comfortable”
Reviewed 1 April 2013 for a stay in March 2013
people found this review helpful

I have been going to Quito for 12 years and stayed in many different places. This is the only place I will stay from now on. The location is truly stunning. The owner, Andi, is a true artist and has done an absolutely incredible job with the landscaping and decoration. There is also a beautiful view of Quito. The units are amazingly well equipped, with every kind of cooking utensil you could think of. We even grilled on their bbq! There is a wood burning fire in each unit to keep you warm. The suites are very secure, and in easy walking distance to La Ronda. It is also easy to get a taxi into the new town. The internet service is the best I've experienced in Quito and very fast. Wolfgang and Andi are truly amazing - Wolfgang even got up at 2.30 in the morning to make sure we could fit all of our luggage into a cab when we were leaving for the airport. Very highly recommended.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The beautiful landscaping on the property
Liked least: Nothing, everything was great
wendystar...
Chicago, Illinois
“Perfect palce to saty - wish we could move in!”
Reviewed 28 March 2013 for a stay in March 2013
people found this review helpful

Not only is the property more beautiful that the pictures depict, the owners, Wolfgang and Andi, are fantastic hosts! Wolfgang met us upon arrival and after reviewing some housekeeping info he recommended a place for dinner and drove us the few blocks into the historic center giving us a tour along the way. We stayed in the Estrella suite and I can not say enough good things about La Estrella. The decor is well suited and there is a wood burning fireplace that we put to great use along with the fully stocked kitchen (I didn't want for any unavailable utensil while cooking). Speaking of stocked, Wolfgand had placed some bread, cheese, egg and jam in our fridge so we had something to make for breakfast given our late arrival at night.
As described, the place was cleaned during our stay with the changing of sheets as well. On top of what we expected, Wolfgang gave us a couple maps and a prepaid cell phone. He and Andi exceeded all expectations!
We enjoyed Quito, but the highlight of the trip was out stay at Wantara!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The comfort of the apartment. It had everythign you needed right down to three types of pots to make coffee.
Liked least: That I couldnt stay longer.
Large groups
Sciencecz...
Holly, Michigan
“Peaceful Oasis in the middle of Quito”
Reviewed 24 February 2013 for a stay in January 2013

We began and ended our 6 week stay in Ecuador at Wantara. We appreciated the help and friendliness of Wolfgang and Andi, our hosts. They provided advice on attractions, restaurants, and a driver for tours to Otavalo, Cotocachi, and Cotopaxi that were invaluable. Both of the suites we stayed in (Sol and Tortuga) were comfortable and had well supplied kitchens. We especially enjoyed meeting other travelers in the public garden area and coming back from a long day in Quito to a relaxing haven. The only thing I could have used is a slightly larger bed (personal preference). We would certainly recommend Wantara to anyone visiting Quito, and, in fact, look forward to returning there ourselves when we come back to Ecuador.

Liked best: Atmosphere and friendliness of hosts and location near Old Quito
Liked least: The size of the city (too big)
Families with young children
Barbara P
Pensacola, Florida
“WOW Experience - My Own Lovely Casita in Spectacular Seting, Met Other Travelers, Studied Spanish”
Reviewed 22 February 2013 for a stay in January 2013

Wantara was an outstanding choice for my month in Quito studying Spanish. Welcomed into a community of travelers by two terrific, personable hosts, you take the key to your own lovely accommodations with access to a soothing, beautiful green space and a spectacular view of Quito.

I stayed a month in the Lagarto Suite – a well, designed and furnished 3-level casita that met all of my needs plus those of a good friend who visited for a week.

Best of all is the opportunity to meet other travelers, gain information and possibility spark an enduring friendship. I suspected that finding a quality Spanish School would not be possible for me in Old Town and I was right about that. But the bus ride to Simon Bolivar School in Mariscal was easy and sometimes an adventure (the bus can get crowded so getting on and off requires determination!)

I also met a fellow traveler, Nick, from the UK studying Spanish and we ended up sharing a teacher and having a ball as we conjugated verbs. Nick inspired an evening cookout one night at Wantara - a special memory as people from around the world gathered together in the outside space.

Lovely surroundings are important to me and as a single, mature woman, I wanted opportunities to meet others. From the very beginning Wolfgang was responsive to my email inquiries and was there to welcome me at my midnight arrival. Andi, a force of talent with a fun spirit, delivered a vase of beautiful flowers from the garden one morning.

With maid service twice a week, laundry done on the premises, super mattress and linens and safety as a priority – Wantara delivers an extraordinary experience for those who find it. Plus if you seek a true Quito experience, you’ll want to stay in Old Town.

Liked best: Andi and Wolfgang
Travelling group: Solo
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing