All reviewsbreakfast roomold townfourth floorhot waterel panecillowalking distanceeggs cooked to orderinner courtyardtea and coffeebreakfast is serveddesk staffstayed for nightspresidential palacetour companyyogurtno elevatorsitting area
Reviewed 8 May 2018

I stayed on two occasions so had two different rooms.Both rooms where spacious beds comfortable but a lack of power points for charging.
In the first room I could not turn the hot water off and the tap actually came away from the wall a quick call to desk clerk and although not fixed right away was repaired upon my return from the day
Hair dryer,limited toiletries supplied but a lack of hanging space for towels.Complimentary bottled water.
In the common area tea making facilities with again water to fill your own bottle with
Breakfast included scrambled eggs,cold meat ,cheeses toast tea and coffee.I have noticed during my travels through SA that breakfast is geared to the European market more than Western and at times consist of tea and toast if you are lucky
And some hotels don't even have a common area where tea and coffee are on offer
The desk staff at least spoke English and where very helpful
Laundry at a very reasonable price but based on weight
To gain entry to hotel there are closed gates so must ring bell and gate will be unlocked for you
No lift so must carry luggage up stairs Will hold luggage if returning after tours

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 April 2018 via mobile

Perfect location for exploring the old town of Quito. Reception staff are great and knowledgeable on the city. Close to La Ronda for evening meals and entertainment. Great breakfast and clean accommodation. Noise from the lobby due to late arrivals etc is not a major issue.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 March 2018

We just got back from our trip to Ecuador very disappointed. While the quote clearly mentioned $320 for two rooms for 2 nights, including taxes, the desk staff when we got in charged me $340 and said more taxes with no documents.
They also quote $35 for airport transport (which I also have on an e-mail) and they charged me $70 (yes, seventy dollars). I later found out that they take a big commission from the taxi driver that he was supposed to pass it onto us. Andre at the desk insisted that this was the “fair price" for hotel transportation. They rip you off at every corner.
Needless to say that this is terrible customer service.
It seems that management is letting the desk staff do what they want and steal money from guests in whatever form they can.
Very disappointed.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank mm2018299
Reviewed 19 February 2018

I stayed here the 2 days before and the 3 days after my Galapagos trip. This hotel had it's positive's and negative's.

The Pro's

It is right in the middle of Old Town and extremely close to most of the sights there that you will want to see along with many restaurants and shops.

The rooms are fine, I had a single so it was a little on the small side.

Breakfast is decent eggs, toast and a selection of fruits.

Security they buzz people in and out of the hotel and you have to walk thru reception so much more difficult for a non guest to get in.

Cons

Noise really carries in the hotel, all the rooms face the inner courtyard and it can get quite loud. You can open a window to this courtyard but be sure to close it. On 2 of the days a fairly large group, multiple people. either arrived or left in the middle of the night waking me up.

For whatever reason I would always have filthy feet or socks after walking around the room, it was tile so I couldn't really understand why a quick sweep could have been done.

Just a note about booking tours from the desk. We had returned during carnival and after 1 day of finding most stuff closed I decided to go to the equator. I asked the clerk how much a taxi would run me back and forth he said about $50, he then told me about a tour which would do the equator, puluulhua volcano, otalvo market, main cathedral and El Panecillo for only $70. Well the driver picked me up the next morning, he seemed a little miffed that I didn't speak Spanish. He only took me to the Volcano and the equator museum and then brought me back. I would definelty book any excursions thru a tour company in Quito not the desk.

Room Tip: As far away from center as possible for quiet
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank Lee L
Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

The hotel is well located in the historic quarter of the town and many points of interest are a short walk. However, as other reviews had pointed out, the sound transfer from the hallways and windows that open only to the interior of the building is less than ideal. Other guests complained of noise from the street, as well. Further, we did not have hot water for the shower in the morning.

The breakfast room had very nice views and the breakfast is nice.

Stayed: January 2018