“Quiet Quaint Spot”

Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

We had the red curry and green curry. Days earlier we were on a tour which stated Chile is a major exporter of asparagus since the locals do not like it. Each of our curry dishes contained lots of asparagus. We eat Thai frequently and have never had it served with asparagus. My pisco sour was very good. We like spicy food, however ordering different spice levels is not an option. They will give you a tiny bit of hot sauce on request.

Reviewed 29 November 2017 via mobile

Let me just say... our family of 9 went twice on our 3 day trip. Leo kindly accommodated us and advised us of the multitude of vegetarian options. The green curry and massaman curry were amazing. The children enjoyed their pad Thai and curry dishes as well. Nice cocktails as well. Thank you Samsara!

Reviewed 19 September 2017

My wife and I have been walking by this unpretentious restaurant for 5 years and tonight we finally gave it a try. Let's just say, we've been missing out. The dining area is small and intimate and the decor is modern and minimalist. The menu options are expensive but each meal comes with a salad and a dessert. Once you factor these in, the price (15,500-16,500) is reasonable. The drinks menu is short but strong. Aside from your usual cocktails they offer a local artesenal beer, Baron, which is good, as well as my favorite beer in the world - Gulden Draak - although it doesn't go with Thai food at all. Still, these people clearly have good taste. Our meals started with a delicious salad. If the meal had ended here, I would already be impressed. Shortly thereafter our main dishes arrived. The portions were generous and the presentation was immaculate. The chef had made some artful tree designs on our plates using spices and sauces. Both of our meals were creative and cooked to perfection. Mine was spicy and my wife's was sweeter. Very different flavors and both well executed. The meal was followed by dessert. My wife had the cheesecake and I had the flan de coco. Once again, very well done. It is really difficult to think of any strikes against Samsara. I don't know, it was a little bit drafty?? The service was extremely prompt and professional and the price, though expensive, is good value for all that you get. It is also possible for two people to share one meal and that is what we will do next time. All in all, Samsara definitely ranks among Valpo's top 5 for me.

2  Thank Ryan W
Reviewed 30 March 2017

If you have any familiarity with Thai foods their menu will resonate for you. If not, don't worry as they can make you introduction, if at that stage, a memorable event. They can prepare it with varying levels of spice as you would prefer. Their meals tend to be a set format of main dish and or entree with a desert et cetera. Price is reasonable for the quality of the food, the service and their setting. It is not a large place and it does fill up rather quickly.

Reviewed 18 February 2017

Open until late, you can get some amazing food with a good service (apart from the cashier, who was a bit rude). My girlfriend and I ordered the Gaeng Karl Kung to share with the Passionfruit sorbet as desert, suggested by the waiter who was extremely friendly and professional! The spiciness was on point, the flavors were to die for. Definitely worth the visit!!! Reasonably priced, it was one of the best Thai restaurants we've ever been (and we love thai food!)