Reviews (1 563)
1 563 results
1 088
1 088
All reviews double tree front desk costanera center great hotel chilli huge mall executive lounge corner room tallest building breakfast buffet shopping mall business district walking distance las condes late check i highly recommend this hotel business trip
12 - 17 of 1 563 reviews
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It was a wonderful stay. The hotel was clean. The staff was very helpful. The check-in experience was easy. The breakfast was great. This hotel lived up to the doubletree standard. It was exactly what we have come to expect.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Reviewed 11 February 2019

To start with, the hotel itself is in great condition. As a HHonors gold member, I was allocated a room with a very good view in the members' floor. Also, the complimentary welcome drinks and breakfast were great too.

However, as a non-Chilean (who should NOT be subject to Chilean VAT for short stays), I was charged VAT for my prepaid booking on Hilton's app (which the app did not allow me to opt out of VAT). As I have various experience of VAT refund after proving my residency during check-in in other countries (say Argentina), I proceeded my booking on the app and planned to get a refund during check-in.

Unfortunately, when I showed my passport in the hotel to prove my validity for VAT exemption, the lobby staff mentioned that I have agreed to pay tax during booking and they could not refund the VAT payment.

In addition, when I asked how they handle similar prepaid bookings, they mentioned other foreigners paid for the VAT, which I found unbelievable. After further negotiations, the hotel agreed to provide free breakfast (unnecessary for a gold member with free breakfast) / lounge access to compensate the VAT overcharged, but I opted for hotel dining credits which appeared to be my best option.

If you are non-Chilean and would like to stay with the hotel, I suggest NOT TO BOOK WITH THEIR APP to avoid VAT. In addition, I believe Hilton being an international hotel brand which handles various booking by foreigners should not inappropriately charge VAT and allow flexibility by providing VAT refund.

Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank lllchanlll
Reviewed 10 February 2019 via mobile

I cannot say enough good things about this hotel. We flew in from the United States and arrived at the hotel at 7:30 in the morning. The staff said that our room was not ready as yet but they did have an available room that we could use(sleep in )until later that afternoon when ours was ready. We only ate breakfast there and it was excellent. The hotel also gives complementary Piesco Sours to its guests. The bar staff was excellent and the ambience good. The hotel is well located, very close to many excellent restaurants, and a short walk to the “on off” bus. We had a great stay!

Reviewed 7 February 2019

Stayed here before boarding a cruise. It’s well located, comfy rooms. Good sized gym. Buffet breakfast is extensive. I wouldn’t give five stars as it is missing a swimming pool. Staff, especially front desk, are extremely courteous, friendly and can speak multiple languages.

Reviewed 6 February 2019 via mobile

From the minute we arrived, Erika at the front desk did all she could to greet us warmly and make sure our stay was pleasurable. Even when we had a minor complaint about a taxi drive recommended by the hotel she listened and made sure all was put right. Gave us the true feel g that we are wanted and appreciated guests.

Date of stay: February 2019