Reviews (1 289)
1 289 results
All reviews national library santa lucia central location metro station walking distance a bit tired business center reception staff were very helpful breakfast buffet pool area is bus stop small pool los heroes good size lastarria area nice room rooms are spacious
12 - 17 of 1 289 reviews
Reviewed 1 January 2019 via mobile

I’m currently staying in this hotel over the NYE period. In my opinion this hotel would be considered 3.5 stars at most. The room and bathroom is poorly lit. I have a Panoramic executive room and I’m pretty much showering in the dark as the only lights in the bathroom is where the mirror is. Housekeeping knocks on your door everyday annoying you about mini bar refills. Yes I know i could of just put a do not disturb sign but is it really necessary to be checking every room’s minibar everyday ? If I want minibar service I will request it. In addition for dinner service the restaurant is located on level 2 however you are only allowed to eat the buffet there so they send you up to the pool where there are very few tables and extremely poor service to have an al la carte dinner. The food comes from the restaurant level anyway so I don’t understand why they make you end by the pool where the tables are tiny not appropriate for dinner setting. The customer service here is super slow and staff seem to have attitude problems. The hotel claims complimentary water but when you drink it they mark it on the mini bar tab. Currently eating dinner by the pool with my phone light on. They bring up the dinner with no cutlery so after waiting 40 mins for food you wait more for them to bring cutlery. How do you bring food up without cutlery? Goes to show than dinner should be served in the restaurant and not on the roof top by the pool ?!! Freaking tragic ...

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 December 2018 via mobile

Yo get to experience Chile like no other. Foods good, drinks are great. Everything is close by. And the staff is extremely helpful. You will find everything you need. Overall a outstanding experience.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Luiz S, Manager at Mercure Santiago Centro, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2018

Dear
Greetings from Santiago!

It is always a pleasure to receive a positive feedback. Thank you for the great review of our hotel! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again very soon.

Happy New Year!

Reviewed 27 December 2018

An excellent and convenient location within walking distance to the Plaza de Armas where old world architectural buildings abound, across from the impressive National Library, next to the beautiful Cerro Santa Lucia, next block to the subway station where we boarded to visit the modern Sky Costanera shopping mall. However, I thought I was in the wrong place when the driver pull up to the front door which was lined with street venders. Staff was courteous, Facility visually clean and modern. Breakfast was good. Interested party should weigh the convenience against curbside appeal. I would pick the convenience.

Room tip: On 10th flr, no noise issue.Fantastic view of Nat Library and Santa Lucia Hill. I don't know the noise level on lower floors.

Dear PansyL20,
Greetings from Santiago!

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of our hotel! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again very soon.

Feel always welcome!
Happy New Year!

Reviewed 17 December 2018

Arrived 10:45am, asked for early check in - '£50 please' - 'Does that inc. breakfast' - 'Yes, but it finished at 10am' - ' can I have a discount then' - 'no, we don't do that'.

Not the best first impression, however we did check in and paid reduced £40 GBP for the extra 3 hours - they missed a chance for a great impression by just checking us in.

Room was clean and large, although shower room was a little grubby, especially around the shower and sealant.
Cleaning service was not the best, towels missed, toiletries and tea/coffee not replenished each day, room not serviced until late, one day 5pm.
Breakfast was good and can be recommended.
Pool area is great for a city centre hotel and is recommended.
Location is good, being walkable to parliament/ president residence, main square, and 20mins to Bella Vista for all your bars and restaurants. Metro station right beside hotel.
Tried the restaurant for dinner - only customers, seen by only member of staff who continued to do something a the till and ignore us for 3 or 4 mins.
Pool Barman seemed to take offence each time I approached the bar to order another drink, becoming abrupt and telling me he would be with me in a minute. Despite it being happy hour, he charged full price, or added a large tip onto the bill - I had lost the will to argue by this stage. Second visit to happy hour which starts at 5pm for 2 hours, had a sign up 'For service call...telephone number, the bar will be staffed at 4:30pm' - this was at 5:15pm. Customer service does not seem to be a high priority for this hotel, which is a shame as the price, location and building are actually quite good.

Room tip: High floor or back of hotel keeps you away from any road noise
Date of stay: November 2018
1  Thank MagicianManchesterUK

Dear MagicianManchesterUK
Greetings from Santiago!

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Mercure Santiago Centro. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations, please allow me to express my sincerest apologies for all the inconveniences mentioned.

At Mercure, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer, therefore your feedback is very important to us. Your comments were shared with all of our Managers Team. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Reviewed 14 December 2018

We were very well received, all staff very attentive. Mercure quality.IIt was wedding anniversary and they left a champagne and pastry in our room, and the other day my husband's birthday left water and a slice of cake, we were very happy. Thank you

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Luiz S, Manager at Mercure Santiago Centro, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2018

Dear

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at MERCURE SANTIAGO CENTRO.

Carla