All reviews water dispenser hot and cold water dhoby ghaut rooftop pool hotel staff walking distance excellent location mrt stations business trip buffet breakfast somerset eateries
Reviewed 7 September 2018

We stayed for 3 nights in Apr 2018; the room quite small and smelly from bathroom.
Bfast is very poor and crowded of group travellers
But the location is good, near the shopping malls on Orchard Road, good for shoppers

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

Comfortable basic rooms, hotel is situated within an easy walk to Plaza Singapura on Orchard Rd.
Rooms are quiet and clean, Check in is fast and painless.
Basic facilities but still a worthwhile place to stay if you have business at that end of town.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 4 September 2018

Due to last minute emergency trip to SG, I had to book several places for my teammates and one of the hotel I booked was Hotel Chancellor for its location and reviews. However, I was disappointed by the service from check-in to solving problem after hours.

Trainee helped me to check-in this evening, I am fine and supportive to trainees as I seen many in my own company. Today's receptionist front desk was a trainee with no smile on her face but it was ok for me since we understand.

One of my teammate was given a room far end of many rooms on the highest floor. We wanted to ask for a change of room however time was tight for our next meeting, therefore we can only request after we done with our meeting around 11pm.

As a frequent traveller to many asian countries, it is extremely common for clients to request for room change due to many reason.

All I can see is an attitude of unwillingness to help. I am truly disappointed with my first experience here with the hotel and its customer service standards. I need a better answer and attitude to customers, better than this I expect. For this standard and level in the hospitality sector, I am sure they can do more than these. The front manager or officer, with another staff from the office was not smile at all. This makes the whole experience seems uncomfortable and doesn't feel like I am being treated as a guest of an above 3 star hotel.

More training on customer services and an attitude of willingness will make the whole experience from 0 to 100. All the best.

Date of stay: September 2018
Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

POOR, The worst service ever had in my entire life of hotel experience. I put my room to DO NOT DISTURB, but somehow the cleaner came in and clean it anyway. PRIVACY MATTER!!!

Next, prior to my check out. The counter girl just came out to reqch the counter, so I asked her if I can conduct checkout to her counter, but she raised her hand for me to stop talking. Then I take breath to be patience. Then she ask what I want, then I told her that I want to check out, then when I gave her my room card, I forget that my other card still left in the room. Her responds was like “where is the other card? Go take”

WTF?! Atleast have the courtesy to say it nicely. BAD SERVICE. Not recommended at all. Very Poor.

Date of stay: August 2018
Reviewed 29 August 2018

As long as your expectations aren’t too high, this hotel,was perfectly adequate. Close to Orchard Rd with buses , MTR , hop on hop off bus and plenty of shops. Location was good. Lovely roof top swimming pool, lap pool, although you had to use your room towels. Our bedroom was very basic with very hard pillows and single beds. 2cups and 2plastic teaspoons. No toilet paper and no washing liquid was disappointing.toilet paper was given to us when we asked. Reception was often not well staffed and language was a bit of a barrier. Allow plenty of time with lifts when going down with luggage. We didn’t eat in the restaurant and as we were on the Singapore holiday Experience I am not sure of the room cost.

Date of stay: August 2018