“Local tea and toast”
Review of Barcook Bakery

Barcook Bakery
Ranked #3 667 of 12 351 Restaurants in Singapore
Reviewed 12 April 2018

I came here recently for some local tea and kaya toast after having had lunch nearby. It's mainly a takeaway place and seating is extremely limited, but we were fortunate to arrive just as someone was leaving - good timing. Tea and toast were pretty standard: no complaints.

Reviewed 15 February 2017 via mobile

Two very uncommon bun you would love it is - Liu sa bun and salted duck egg yolk bun, you will ask for more!

Reviewed 21 May 2016 via mobile

After my first review about topping buns. I haven't return to this place for a while.

Yesterday when I walk passed I saw their new products ; ham and cheesy croissants, pain Au Chocolate etc. I was eager to try again and didn't get disappointed on both of it.

The plenty layers of both croissants made it's crispy outside and soft inside. A little salt and sweet taste made it enjoyable with my afternoon coffee.

Even not excellent as my favorite places here in Singapore. But location was very convenient to me and worth my daily calories. Definitely will return for more.

Reviewed 16 September 2015 via mobile

I bought BBQ and Hawaiian Pizza buns.

The BBQ bun only have topping of minced pork on the top and little tiny in the middle. Like 10% topping and 90% bread. Luckily I had Kaya at home to eat with those pure bun. Otherwise I would have throw it out.

The Hawaiian Pizza bun is the same style of BBQ but a little more stuff than those one. I would say 15% stuffing and 85% pure bread.

Both topping on those buns were tasty but too much bread and tiny stuffing on it.

I may try the cakes next time.. No more buns for me.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I tried four things here. The chocolate mousse cake, mango passion, carrot cake, and white chocolate durian cake. The chocolate mousse cake was probably the 3rd or 2nd best dessert I have had in my life. The mango passion vas also very,very, good. The carrot cake was good. However I was not a fan of the chocolate durian cake, but that was probably because I just don't like durian. :)
I can not say anything about the breads or rolls as i did not try them.

All in all Barcook bakery is a must try!